Friday, July 30, 2010

Squeak

Need I say more??

So, my dear mom got Hayden these beautiful pale pink shoes yesterday. However, whenever she walks, this loud squeak comes from them. These aren't the first adorable shoes she has gotten for her, nor are they the first squeaking shoes she has gotten for her. I put up with the other ones as she ran up and down the aisles at church between services just to hear herself make noise. I even put up with them while she ran back and forth on the balcony at Nic's basketball games while everyone looked as she ran by (oh, and Nic could hear her as he coached those games!). I put up with them yesterday while she squeaked around. The first thing she wanted to do this morning was put on the shoes and run around. I am watching her as we speak as she runs through the house as fast as she can in just her diaper and those lovely shoes on...she is watching her feet as they squeak, squeak, squeak, with every move she makes. The question is- how fast will it take for me to take these squeakers out? The shoes are ADORABLE...but the sound that comes out...only adorable for the first 2 squeaks!! Gotta love my mom!!!!

Well, my blog friends, tomorrow Nic, Hayden, Colton, and I set off for an adventure in Tennessee. Words don't describe how excited I am to be with my little family for a WHOLE week. With Nic working so much lately, we have barely seen him for more than an hour a day...so I don't know what we are going to do with him for 24/7! Oh wait...I do! HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!! Tennessee is one of my favorite places in the world. The first time I went to Tennessee was with Nic's family camping before we were even married. I fell in love with the scenery of all the mountains, waterfalls, little creeks, and even the little shops and shows. We won't be able to do a lot while we are there with the babies, but I am just so excited to get out of Indiana just for a little bit and spend quality time with my kids and husband. The sad news is...I don't know if there is internet so I might not be able to blog for an entire week...EEK! What am I going to do? Hey...I have another answer...I will journal about it there and then when I get home I will put it on my blog. Look at that-I am a problem solver!

If you read this before tomorrow morning (Saturday), please pray for our safety as we get there and back and for Nic and I to be refreshed! Oh...and maybe that the babies will enjoy themselves too!

2 comments:

John and Jenn Minder said...

Yay!! We can't wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

She likes it in the backseat instead