Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I AM AN AUNT!

So it is official…I AM AN AUNT!!! Last night (around 9:30) I received a phone call from my mother. She told me that Jamie, my sister-in-law, thought her water broke so they were going to head to the hospital. I was seriously so excited and anxious that I just lay in bed waiting and waiting to hear something. I told Nic it was kind of nice not being the one in labor…hehe! Around 11:30 I received a text from my dad that Jamie would have to have a C-section due to Rori being breeched. Because of the time difference, Rori was actually born July 13, 2010 at 8:55pm Arizona time and is 7 lbs 14 oz and 20 in long!!! She is absolutely perfect and so beautiful!!!

Ok, now, in case you haven’t realized…my brother is now a father…SERIOUSLY?!?! I am so excited for him and Jamie. They are going to be wonderful parents and I can’t wait to meet my precious little niece. I am a little jealous…ok…a lot jealous that my parents and sister get to go visit them this weekend. I wish so bad that we lived closer so our kids could be close!

Adam and Jamie, if you are reading this please know that I will be praying for your sweet little family…that God will guide you and give you wisdom as you raise this precious child. I know I don’t have to tell you that parenting is hard…but it is the most amazing reward. It will bring you tears…both tears of joy and tears of trial. I will pray that you will come together as the wonderful couple I know you are to guide Rori as she grows into a little girl and then a woman. I love all three of you (whoa that is weird to say…the three part, not the I love you part!). Enjoy your time as a family and soak in EVERY SECOND…it flies by fast!!

Now for the rest of our day. We had a very good morning…which was nice considering Hayden has been very challenging the last few mornings. She had her normal yogurt, which she is now wanting to feed herself…quite the little independent child. We were supposed to go to a pool with Brittany, but there was a swim meet so we just stayed home. I took the kids outside and Hayden pointed to the slide and said, “slide”!!!! I was so proud of her! It’s amazing how I get so excited over words!

After we were inside for awhile and Hayden attempted a nap, we had lunch and snuggled on the couch reading books…and throwing them. Then something that I always feared happened…I dropped my poor little boy…that’s right…dropped him right on his face. I thought I was going to throw up right then. He screamed until I picked him up and then just looked at me as if to say, “what the heck did you just do to me?” I checked him all over…no blood, no bruising, and nothing was broken. His pupils were not dialated…I think he will be ok. Of course I called my mom and Nic in tears and in a panic…Mom calmed me down and Nic…well….I think he wanted to kill me! I did not want to take another trip to the hospital. But, all is fine and he is smiling away as we speak. My sister had to call me and text me to calm me down as well and tell me that kids are resilient and it will be ok.

After bouncing back from that incident we cleaned…and what I mean by that is I followed Hayden around as she tore the house up and I cleaned after her. It is amazing the mess she can make in such a short time.

I then took the kids and went to visit little baby Ethan. I finally got to hold him…he is so cuddly and just so precious…good work Kara and Kyle! I have a feeling this will be a whole new ball game when we get our 2 families together…the kids are going to take over!

On our way home I talked to my mom on the phone and she told me that Grandpa got to come home today!!!! So, we ventured over to their house where we enjoyed visiting with grandma, grandpa, mom, Sarah, and Nic. I am telling you, Grandpa looks fantastic! He was looking quite handsome as always!

All-in-all it was a splendid day…except the whole dropping my child on his face thing.




No comments: