Saturday, July 24, 2010

Night Time, Pies, and Bad Words

Well, I just got done bathing the kids and reading to Hayden before putting her into bed. Our nightly routine has become one of my favorite parts of the day. Hayden is finally sitting still through a whole book at a time now! Our routine consists of bath time, reading books as we snuggle, praying, and then singing before diving into warm blankets. Can I just say there is nothing like cuddling with a baby who smells so fresh from just having a bath and then covered in lotion?! It is best thing in the world!

Anyways, not much exciting has been happening at the Minder household. We have spent the last couple days (well, the kids and I) visiting Tara, Steve, and baby Hannah in the hospital a couple hours at a time. They finally get to come home tomorrow! Nic has been working like a maniac…I seriously do not know how he does it. I am so proud of him and am so thankful he is willing to work so hard. He is working his regular schedule as well as nights out at the fair.

Because of Nic working and not at home, I have been spending some time at my parent’s house…I appreciate them letting us barge in and for playing with my kids…I know it kills them to have to be with their grandchildren….HA! Sarah has also been a HUGE help!

Yesterday I got to spend some time with Tim and Sarah as they helped me finish clearing out the rest of my things from my classroom. I couldn’t have done it without their help! We also enjoyed lunch together as we tried to prevent Hayden from being smothered in salsa and ranch. I am going to miss that girl so much when she goes to college. Seriously…all of my siblings have totally left me!!!! Good thing I still have mom and dad!

Like I said before, Nic has and will be working a ton this next week so he got this morning off. We got to spend time as a family (which hasn’t happened for awhile). It was so nice to sit at breakfast and just talk with Nic. I am reminded everyday why I married this man. He is perfect for me. We are almost complete opposites, but we love each other and he is hands down my best friend. Yes, we do have our disagreements, some bigger than others, but at the end of the day we still love each other. We don’t try to change each other. He puts up with all my emotional girl stuff and is always there for me. He is such a gift from God.

Ok, enough gushy talk. After our morning together I went with my sisters and mom and dad to go visit little Hannah. On my way home the kids and I stopped by to see my grandparents. Before I left my grandma brought out a delicious sight (see below). She always takes care of me! From the time I was little she has made me these wonderful cherry pies and somehow my mother always seems to find a way to take part of the best part…the crust. You can see in the picture some of it missing! One time she tried to trick me with buying a store pie…I was not tricked!!!! I flipped the pie over in my hands and there was an imprint on the bottom of some words! I can tell now her real pies by the cinnamon and sugar sprinkled crust.

On a different note, Nic and I have come to realize these past couple of days that we really need to watch what we say and what we do around our little girl. Hayden is at that age where she copies EVERYTHING we do and is starting to copy what we say, which can be fun….but sometimes not so fun. Now, please don’t judge my child on this next story. The other day she was playing with something and she dropped it. As soon as she dropped it I thought I heard something come out of her mouth but I thought to myself, “no way she said what I think she said.” Then, when we were at the hospital, she was trying to climb on Steve’s chair and she almost fell off. Out popped that same word. SERIOUSLY? Where did she learn this word? How did she know to use it in the right context? Nic and I have never said this word around her (well we never use this word period). Now I am worried to put her in the church nursery!! Does anyone else have 1 1/2 year olds that cuss? Or is it just mine?? Oh Hayden, what am I going to do with you?!

1 comment:

mama said...

do you think she is saying shoot?? is that the word it sounds like? lol bella does when she drops something coz my mom says it and i have before too! But now weve been trying not to also coz of this cute copying stage!

jaymie