Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Elkhart County 4-H Fair!



Believe it or not, I have never been to any fair in my life. Well, I went to one when I was in high school for like 5 minutes before it started pouring so we had to leave. Let me tell you, I LOVED it! Last night, my sister, Tim, Jaclyn, Nic and I went to the Elkhart County Fair. The main reason we went was to see Lady A (I don’t know how to spell out the whole thing!). So we rushed to find wrist bands right away that would give us seats in the grandstands. Well, that was easy enough. We were ablet o get them in the first 5 minutes! That gave us like 3 ½ hours to kill. That means lots of animals and lots of food!

I couldn’t get enough of it! I didn’t want to be brave and try the rides but I did want to try EVERY single kind of food they have. However, because of the insanely high costs of the food, I stuck with the most important foods. Before we stuffed ourselves, we went through and looked at all the animals. Can I just say I have never seen a cow up close and personal before last night? THEY ARE HUGE!!!! I knew they were big from what I could tell riding by them in my car, but I never imagined they could be so big! They also had baby cows, which were so cute! I kind of want one now! We also saw a HUGE pig. She was feeding her little babies. It was like Wilbur from Charlotte’s Web in real life! They were the cutest little things! Maybe I want one of those too!

Now for the food…There was soooo much to choose from I didn’t know where to start. But for some reason pizza sounded really good to me so I found a stand with pizza! After I gulped that down I was determined to get an Elephant Ear…which, by the way are a piece of heaven! My goal after that was to find those jumbo jellybeans that I saw a little girl eating. We searched and searched but had no luck. My heart was broken! Not really, but they did sound REALLY good! And for those of you who are wondering, NO I am NOT pregnant, I just wanted to try everything!

After walking around and looking at all different sorts of things, it was finally time for the concert! I was so excited I felt all giddy! I have seen Lady A before when they performed at Kenny Chesney’s concert last year and they were AMAZING! This time around was also amazing. We could still see them from where we were sitting. We still waited in our seats an hour before it all started. So I decided to watch people. I observed all the different styles of clothes, hair, everything. I think I could watch people all day long. Oh, and during this time my wonderful husband got me some icecream! Ha! It was incredible! When the time came for the actual concert to start, we were all 5 more than ready...and stuffed. It was a beautiful, perfect night for the concert and I enjoyed it so much! They are definitely my favorites right now! I loved every song they sang and was just amazed with their voices. Because I have never been a good singer, I marvel at others who can actually sing!

When the final song ended, we made our way to the car and then sat…for like an HOUR…in traffic…not moving. Great. My baby boy ran out of milk so I was anxious to get back to feed him…and so was my body (if you are a nursing mom, you know what I mean!). But…we got home in time and he was just fine! What a wonderful night!

Mom and Dad…thanks for staying with my babies and watching them! I know they love when they get to be with you! I so appreciate it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok srsly stop losing weight! i'm going to have a major complex when you get here cuz i can't even fit in to my pre preggo jeans!!