Friday, July 16, 2010

Not So Exciting Blog

Well, my parents and sister leave tomorrow to see my brother, sister-in-law, and beautiful niece. It almost feel wrong not all being together for this special event! Oh well…I guess I hope they have a fun time without me! I know they will but still…

Anyways, nothing too exciting has happened the last couple of days but the kids are in bed and Nic is working so I am going to write.

Yesterday was a pretty normal day. It was the first day in a long time that the kids and I just stayed at home. We played outside and completely destroyed the inside of the house once again. We are getting quite good at that. My dad stopped by after a meeting around mid-day and took Hayden with him to mow my grandpa’s yard. What a little blessing! She absolutely loves to ride on the mower thing. It was a nice little break to try and clean the house a little and hold my little boy. By the time they returned, it was time to start making dinner. Can I just say it isn’t very easy to nurse and cook at the same time?! It is especially fun when your 1 ½ year-old is climbing on the bar stool to get to the top of the counter. My mother-in-law came over for dinner and during the entire dinner Hayden was talking in her own language…we were cracking up (SCROLL DOWN TO SEE VIDEO OF HER TALKING)!! I think she was talking about her time with Papi! We then headed to the softball field to watch Nic. Hayden had fun playing in the dirt…she is one girl who is not afraid of getting dirty. And of course we couldn’t leave until she skinned up her knee. I think for the past month she has constantly had scabs on both her knees from running and falling. But…she gets right up and starts running again…silly girl! Nothing keeps her down…except herpangina!

On a TOTAL other note…because this is my blog, I am going to be completely honest and vulnerable. These past couple of weeks have been stressful. Nic is working his you-know-what off every day and almost every night. He has been under a lot of stress with trying to work and trying to help with the children and the house. I know that all of this working is wearing on him and he needs my help.
As you know, I am at home with my babies now. I resigned from teaching at ECA right before I had little Colton. I believed and prayed for that decision. All I ever wanted to do was stay home with my babies and raise them…and I know almost all moms want that. But in today’s economy, it is almost impossible. Of course I would like to go back to teaching when they are old enough to go to school. Nic and I would love it if I could stay home but we are finding that maybe that can’t happen right now. Actually we know it can’t happen right now. This is a partnership and now I need to do my part.

I have been searching around for part-time jobs but haven’t had any luck. I tried looking for tutoring jobs, but still no luck. I tried First Steps, went through all the paper work and trainings and of course, there has been an overabundance with DT’s so I had to remove my name from the system today, which was very hard to do. I have looked at openings at all the school around me but of course no one is hiring. I think I made a mistake by quitting my Pre-K job.

I know God has a plan through this…at least I pray He does. But what is it? It is hard sometimes when you think these wonderful doors open only to be shut. I don’t know what God’s plan is…I don’t know what He wants me to do. I have been on my knees praying for God to guide me and show me what it is He wants for me to do. I don’t want to make the wrong decision thinking it is the right one. So I will continue to pray.

I know most of you that read this could care less about everything I just wrote but please, if you think about, send up a little prayer that God will show me His plan and that He will open the door He wants me to go through.

No comments: