Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

As I sit here with my darling little boy, I am reminded of God’s love. This past week has been challenging but also filled with love. I have been reminded of not only God’s love, but of his mercy and grace as well. Through this whole sickness I have had times where I just want to throw my hands up and just scream into my pillow. There were times where I just didn’t know what to do and I got so frustrated that I couldn’t communicate with my sick daughter. I can't even begin to imagine how Hayden feels. She is the one who is in pain and is miserable. I couldn’t make her feel better and stop crying. But then I remember, she is just a baby and I am her mother. I am supposed to be showing her love, mercy, and grace through all of this, just as God does for me. So I just held her and loved on her and rubbed her back. When she would cry, I held her tighter. If you know Hayden, you know she never stops and doesn’t like to cuddle, but with her being sick, she has wanted to snuggle almost the whole time. That was the only positive thing from this whole thing!! I look at my children and my heart is just filled with so much joy and love that it overwhelms me. I need to remember these things as we go through the rough times as well. Isn’t God good?

Now for an update on Hayden. On Saturday she didn’t move off the couch. She would just look at me with a blank stare. I couldn’t get her to eat anything or drink anything. She wouldn’t walk or stand up. The only time she moved was when she fell off the couch and stayed laying on the floor. She couldn’t lift her head when she got sick so I had to roll her over. My dad said the only other thing we could do was take her in to hook her up to IVs…which did not sound like a fun idea to me. So I prayed and prayed. I finally got some liquid down her and she was starting to move a little more…thank you JESUS!

Yesterday was a total answer to prayer. She woke up wanting to eat a banana and wanted a drink!! She was actually walking around the house! It was so good to see her start returning to herself. She even turned her playroom upside down! Never thought I would be that happy about that big of mess! She still had her moments of tears due to pain, but it is getting better. Because it was the 4th of July, my parents had a full house of people so I took the chance of taking her over there. We had a lot of fun with friends we haven’t seen for awhile and it felt so good to be with them again. It was wonderful to catch up with the Clems and Weathers! We always have so much fun together! Sarah baked some AMAZING cookies and cupcakes…don’t worry…I ate about 20 of them! She is going to make one man very happy and FAT! Kristen was also able to come for a couple of days which is always fun as well! I am so thankful for my sisters and brother and thankful for the relationship God has let us have.

Today my dad was gracious enough to let us take out his boat! It was one beautiful day! Tara, Steve, and Sarah came with us. We were able to just relax on the lake and enjoy God’s beauty. Hayden was still not 100% herself but we made it through. We were able to enjoy the lake for about 3 ½ hours and it felt wonderful. Thank God for a nice breeze! I absolutely love summer and don’t want it to end! Thank you also mom and dad for letting us enjoy your boat!

Oh, by the way, 11 more days until Baby Spivey comes, 5 more days until Baby Sears comes, and 18 more days till Rori comes (I think)!!!!!! Can’t wait!! Don’t you worry…I will let you know when they all come!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if Rori waits 18 days to come out (which is right btw) i am going to cry.