Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sun and Storms

Can I just say that this weekend was absolutely beautiful?! For the first time all summer we got to go on the boat yesterday and it was just the perfect afternoon. Nic got off early and my sister and Tiny Tim asked us to meet them at the lake. Chad and Christina (Tim’s sister) were with them as well. So as soon as Nic got off, we hauled the troops up to the lake where we spent the next 4 ½ hours on the beautiful water. Hayden LOVED the boat…as usual! She was the perfect angel. Tim even let her drive the boat….HA! Poor Christina and Chad were on the back of the boat when Hayden decided to go a little faster! My parents met us up there with the wave runner, so we took turns taking Hayden on it. She is going to be quite the water gal. Colt just chilled! There is just something about water that is so calming. It makes all other worries disappear!



We left the lake at the perfect time…as you all know the weather wasn’t quite so perfect by the evening. Let’s just say I have never been in the mall when everything went black and the alarms were going off. I won’t lie….I almost peed my pants…seriously. I have always hated storms so you can imagine how I felt when we were walking out and things were flying through the air and the skies were pitch black. Not my idea of fun at the mall. Poor Nic. He had to deal with me AND Sarah. But we finally got back to safety at my parents and enjoyed some pizza in the dark. They lost power so we had a couple lanterns and candles…we had a candle-lit dinner…haha!! I sometimes make myself laugh. It was some good ole family bonding.

Skies were back to perfect today though. Nic played in a softball tournament with some of his old teammates and I got to catch up with the wives…it amazes me that none of us were married when the guys first started playing together and now we are married and all of us with kids. WOW! Colt got to meet his first girlfriend…Tori Schramski. Can I just say ADORABLE. She is so precious and beautiful. They make the perfect couple! But I can officially say that I am exhausted from the weekend’s events…and burnt to a crisp. It was all worth it though.

No comments: