Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Isn't she just beautiful!!!

Thank you God for such a beautiful day! I was a little nervous when I woke up and it was cold and cloudy. It is amazing what the impact the weather can have on my attitude…and Hayden’s!

The day started off bittersweet with Hayden playing with a doll that I had when I was young. My friend, Sarah Mullin (now Scheuer) and I would take our “Baby Brians” EVERYWHERE we went. We would put real diapers on them and real baby clothes. When Hayden started playing with this Baby Brian, it filled my head with so many memories when I was young. Anyways…Hayden has obviously been observing my every move with Colton because…

She fed him with a bottle (and pointed to his belly button)…

Sat him in his high chair to eat…

Changed his diaper…

And hung him by his legs over her shoulders like her daddy does to her…


Needless to say, watching her filled my heart with joy.

Here is a pic of my little guy enjoying the swing...

On another note (the bitter part of the bittersweet), I introduced Colton to the bottle for the first time today. I needed to get him used to it for when I am gone. So that was the sad part. I think Hayden is having a hard time with this whole bottle thing as well because she wanted it for herself. I so enjoy my time feeding my little guy. It is such an amazing bonding time.

We then met Sarah (mentioned above) for lunch. Hayden was her crazy self as usual as she tried dipping EVERY chip in the salsa and ranch, licking it off, then getting a new chip. Oh well…kept her busyJ Sarah is due in less than 2 weeks and will have a little boy to hold! I am sooo excited for her. She will be a wonderful mother. It feels like just yesterday we were little girls playing house down in her basement with our dolls and dressing up. Now we are living it! CRAZY!

Because it was so beautiful out, I took Hayden outside to play…



We even got to go play with our soon-to-be-dog, Sam. What a beautiful dog!
The rest of the evening was spend with my wonderful husband...I LOVE nights like these! Oh summer how I love thee!

2 comments:

Kara Sears said...

Sounds like a GREAT day!!! So glad! :) I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! It was a great day for you! Those pictures are adorable of Hayden. She looks like a little mommy already to baby Brian. When did we grow up?! It was GREAT seeing you and I can't wait to do it again! :)
Have another great day!!