Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rainy Daze

As I sit here in our quiet little house, I reflect on today. For some reason today just seems like it is dragging on and on. Maybe because of the stinky weather? No playing outside today that was for sure. Hayden woke up at 9…which was a wonderful surprise. My little man didn’t wake up all night until 6 am and fell back asleep until right before Hayden started to stir in her crib…which was also wonderful considering I couldn’t fall asleep until 1 am.,,so much on my mind.

Nic worked the bank as he usually does on Tuesdays and then went to do some training with our new member of the family, Sam the German Sheppard. So it was just the kids and me…trapped in our little house. So we played and played, trying to keep Hayden busy so she couldn’t find anything to get into trouble.

I was proud when there was only one mishap that happened while I nursed little Colton. I knew something must have been going on when it was completely silent. So, after I was done feeding the baby, I started the search for my crazy little girl. As I went room to room calling for her, I started to get a little concerned. Then I heard splashing once again…remember from a few blogs back how I said that was never a good sign? Finally I found her in the hall bathroom, which was pitch black. She decided to give her doll a bath…in the toilet…what is it with her fascination in toilets??? She raised her eyebrows and seemed to be quite proud of herself! Seriously, Nic, we need the gates up…this time for real!

From there she moved to the kitchen and decided to open the silverware drawer. She is not quite tall enough to SEE in there, but just tall enough to reach her little hand up while standing on her tiptoes and pull out anything she can reach…which consists in anything that is along the edge of the drawer.

Then she ventured to the counter stool. She climbed up and stood while she reached for the little tray thing with rocks and candles. She played with that while she dropped rock by rock on the floor and looked at me as if I was supposed to pick it up for her. I watched as she got bored of that and walked over to the dining room table and climbed on that chair…boy is she good at climbing. She decided to play with the centerpiece. It is amazing to see what she finds fascinating.

She has a FULL play room which contains ALL her toys, but yet she didn’t step foot in it all day…interesting.

Through all this Colton seemed quite content being held super close to me…which is completely fine with me. He is starting to smile more and more. I think he is afraid to be left alone due to his sister. She loves him so much but doesn’t quite know her own strength. She has tried many times to life him up by herself by grabbing his head. She has tried pulling him out of his swing when he starts to fuss. She has stepped on him, fallen on him, and has tried to make him roll over. She even tries to give him his paci by SHOVING it in his mouth. I know she is just trying to help and not hurt him, but poor little Colton! He has no idea what he is in for with having her as a sisterJ

Ok, enough rambling. Maybe tomorrow we can actually go outside and play or I might just go crazy!!

No comments: