Monday, June 14, 2010

Randomness



Playing her little heart out!
putting her own baby doll in the swing


Hayden and her new fishy...thanks to daddy!

Those are just some pictures that explain a little what we have been up to. Now, for the long synopsis of our weekend! Get ready...hold on tight! Here we go...Saturday, Hayden and I went over to my mom and dad’s to spend the day. Hayden loves her Papa and follows him everywhere…and I mean EVERYWHERE! She also loves her grandma who spoils her to death. Anyways, Hayden and I ventured outside…which is not a surprise. We watched the fish in the pond, she went on the paddleboat with Papa, and we even got to play on the slip n’ slide! Yes, I said WE and SLIP N’ SLIDE! Let me tell you…lot’s of fun!!! It was especially fun since my dad just mowed the lawn so there were lots of grass clippings. Needless to say, we were COVERED in grass. I LOVED LOVED LOVED watching my angel run through the water with a huge smile on her face and making that high pitched laugh that would make anyone smile. I love that she is not afraid of water. We then went into the hottub…my dad turned it way down so it was more like a pool. Hayden had fun dunking my head and my dad’s head into the water because she was so fascinated that we could blow bubbles. It was fun to be a kid again and just let loose.

Hurry, Papa!!


Playing with her buddy

Just as I got her clean...lo and behold Papa gave her a Snickers Icecream bar...Nice

Sidenote…

Don’t you miss being a kid sometimes? You have no worries. You have no responsibilities except maybe some chores. You don’t have to worry about finances. You can take a nap if you get tired. Mom and dad worry about meal time and all you have to do is set the table. Oh to be young again! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE being a wife and a mother more than anything in the world…but sometimes I miss the innocence of being a child again. I miss being care-free.

Back to our fun…we spent a lot of our time outside while the sun was out. Mom, Sarah, Tim, Dad and I just talked on the porch and hung out…I always value those moments. When we slowly went inside because of the nice little clouds rolling in, my mom brought up my brother’s old Brio set (you know…the wooden railroad set). She had fun getting out EVERY piece and throwing them around instead of putting it together. However, I was a very proud mama when I told her it was time to pick up and she picked up every single piece…piece by piece…and put it away. Made my smile a ear to ear smile. We also got a huge kick out of her as she ran back and forth from the kitchen to the family room squealing soooo loud we couldn’t hear each other. Nic was able to ride his motorcycle over to meet us for dinner, which was Hacienda!!! If you know me at all, you would know I can eat Haci any and every meal! What a great time with family. I love laughing with them! And we all loved laughing at Hayden as she devoured the ranch and salsa as usual. What a mess!

Yesterday we were able to spend time with some great friends, the Sears’. It was a great time to catch up and just relax. We had a fire after dinner, which was my favorite part because….SMORES CAME WITH IT!!!! As we sat and talked, I was thanking God for placing this family in our lives…They have been such an encouragement to Nic and I and we just have so much fun together. And to think about a month from now we will have 4 kids…that is 1-2-3-4!!! AHHH!!! Hopefully the younger 2 will get along better than the older 2..ha!!

Today I thought I would be brave and hull my two kiddies to Colton’s 2 month check up. I thought I was crazy for trying this alone, but mom’s do it ALL the time, sometimes with more than 2 kids…RIGHT?! Hayden did such a wonderful job staying right by my side and even wanted to stay with Dr. Rice as we left! Colton is growing so fast! He is now 10 pounds 11 ounces (34&ile) and 22 ½ In (40%ile). Definitely not our tall one…yet! Doc said he looked perfect and is healthy as can be! I just can’t believe how much my 2 babies are growing every day! STOP GOING SO FAST TIME!!

My sweet baby boy

Well, I guess that is enough for now!

No comments: