Thursday, June 3, 2010

Entering the blog world...

Well, I never thought of myself ever having a blog…partly because I never thought my life was interesting enough to share to the whole world. But…and I blame this on my 2 lovely children…I am losing my brain slowly and I find that this might be a good way to remember what is going on in my life! Isn’t that sad?! I want to be able to look back at what we have done as a family and how my kids have grown.

So here it goes…I am now the mother of two beautiful babies. Hayden is now 19 months and crazy as ever (I would have it no other way) and Colton is 6 weeks and one day. Both are growing so fast before my very eyes. I am afraid to blink most days thinking I might miss something important in their lives. They are my world.

Hayden runs, not walks everywhere she goes and has quite the personality. She is starting to talk more…which I am not sure is a good thing. She knows the word “mommy” way too well and needs to start learning “daddy”! Although she can’t talk fully yet, she sure understands what we say...which is wonderful! She is a very bright child..and yes, I know she is my child, but she really is! She has started folding her hands for prayer at meal times and before she goes to bed…which melts my heart. As a mother, you pray every day for your children that they will grow up learning important values and how to know right from wrong…it starts at such an early age.

Colton is growing soooo fast, I can’t wrap my mind around it. He is staying awake more during the day and is such a good eater. He is very content, which he has to be thanks to his sister…who never stops to take a break. THANK YOU LORD!

Although life is absolutely crazy…clothes everywhere (thanks to my baby girl who thinks she is helping by taking the clean laundry, neatly stacked and dragging them across the floor), toys scattered throughout the ENTIRE house (even though we have a play room FOR those toys), pacifiers everywhere except where I can find them, dirty diapers not thrown away because by the time I am done changing the diaper Hayden is already running to get into something else, trying to cage my child in her high chair long enough to take a shower (most days not even being able to shave!), the oven beeper going off over and over, and crumbs covering the just vacuumed carpet. As I now stare at the swing going back and forth and playing music, although not occupied and keeping Hayden from killing herself by RUNNING down her slide, 3 words come to mind…I. AM. BLESSED. No matter how crazy it gets in the Minder household, I WOULD NEVER CHANGE A MOMENT OF IT! I love my life, I love my kids…that’s all there is to it!

Not only am I blessed with my 2 kiddos, but I am blessed with my husband…he is the most amazing, loving, husband. He is working his you know what off trying to keep the streets of Elkhart safe. I have been finding myself on my knees before God more often begging for Nic’s safety as he goes to work each day never knowing what will happen each day. I am very proud of him and what he does…even though he WAS going to be a youth pastor…nice and safe in the walls of a church. Now he is a police officer coming into contact with weirdos and criminals. I am thankful for how hard he works so I can stay home with Hayden and Colton for the time being.

Now that my drama queen is craving attention by crawling ON TOP of the table and grabbing at my hands...I better go!

2 comments:

SmilinJ said...

You do have a great husband! I love that boy, well I know he isn't a boy anymore but a man, but in my eyes he will always be sweet little Nicholas. :) You are very blessed with two beautiful children. But, they too are so blessed to have YOU!

Amanda Seibert said...

yay, tori, i'm glad that you've joined the blogging world! :-) what a beautiful family! and thanks for sharing your honest thoughts/struggles. will look forward to being blog friends now! :-)