Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Fun


Yesterday, as I was trying to clean around the house, Hayden was taking the dirty clothes, one piece of clothing at a time to the washer. I thought to myself, “man am I training her right!” She will be doing the laundry before we know it….then I heard something…something you don’t always want to hear as a mother. I heard what sounded like splashing water. So I thought I might want to see what it was. Don’t worry, Hayden didn’t think I was getting the clothes washed fast enough, so she took daddy’s boxers and was splashing them around in the toilet. Needless to say…it was quite the mess…water EVERYWHERE! She then looked at me and said, “uh-oh”. Boy do I love that little girl. I think it is time for daddy to put the gates back up.

Anyways…here are some things that we have been up to so far this summer…

My brother, Adam and sister-in-law, Jamie got to come for a visit all the way from Arizona. Their time spent here seemed to happen in the blink of an eye. I was excited for them to meet their new nephew and see how much their niece has grown. It was so cute to watch my brother with my daughter…he will have his own daughter in just a couple of months. I am so excited for them!




While they were here, we had Jamie’s baby shower the Sunday they came in. We enjoyed the family time all being together again. Hayden also had her first experience with the sprinkler…I am telling you, this girl doesn’t know the word FEAR. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not.


Adam, Jamie, Nic, the kids, Sarah and I got to visit Kristen in Fort Wayne and go to dinner. I am so proud of her and all she has accomplished. She is going to PA school and is living in her own apartment…she is all grown up!! It was such an awesome time to be with all my siblings. But don’t worry…it wouldn’t be a Ferguson event if no one got hurt…Adam and Nic rode their bikes as we followed and Adam had a fight with the Toll Road Arm with his own arm! Adam won.



Adam and Nic got some sweet tattoos.



That Friday night, my baby sister, Sarah, graduated from high school. It seems like just yesterday I was potty training her! I do have to admit I shed a few tears in private knowing that she will be moving away to college. I will have no siblings living close to me. That is hard for me. My sisters are my best friends and I enjoy every second with them. I am proud of her as well! She of course got the Fruit of the Spirit award…something I NEVER even got nominated for and she got it 6 years in a row. Kristen got that award too…man did I fail my parents! Ha! Saturday was her open house. I got to see a lot of family and friends of the family that I haven’t gotten to see in a long time! It was a good ole’ time! Don't I have some gorgeous siblings??!! I think so!

On Sunday Nic and I had the police officers and their families over for some wiffle ball and a cook out. Once again…good time. I really enjoy being with the wives and children…they are some awesome folks!

Some other things happening...

Sarah and I have started to work out each day…I know what you are thinking…”Tori? Working out?”…Yes, I am working out (well trying to anyways)….even though today was only the second day. If you have given birth, you know that you have those extra pounds that you just don’t want and disgust you. Yes, nursing helps a lot to shed some of those unwanted pounds, but doesn’t always get ALL the unwanted pounds. So, my sister is keeping me accountable for really working hard to lose those 10 nasty pounds.

I have also started a new devotional called Night Light for Parents by James Dobson. I am very excited to read different practical parenting advice and biblical truth that he has to offer. I might be sharing some things in future posts that I am learning…so beware!!

Have I bored you yet? You are all probably wonder, "why the heck is Tori spending her time blogging? Doesn't she have kids to chase after or house chores to do?" The answers to your questions are...yes, I do have two kids to chase after but I can't really do that when they are both sleeping. And yes, I do have house chores but they are done (kind of:)). Frankly, I find that this is an easy stress reliever! Thanks for take the time to read a little about our life as a family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to read all about the Minders! It's a great way for people to keep updated, especially when your little ones are growing up so fast! xoxo- Sarah