Friday, September 30, 2011

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

OHHHHH How I love a Friday! Especially this Friday...This week started with a horrible cold, which led to a horrible sinus infection, which led one tired momma. BUT, praise the Lord for whatever medicine I was prescribed!!! I woke up feeling like a totally different person, and I am sure the people I work with were happy about that:) 
I don't really remember much of the week because of the above, but one major thing that happened was...Nic and I (and of course the children), took up the task of rearranging Hayden's room for the third time in the matter of 3 months in hopes she would want to sleep in her room again. She has been playing in it lately, which is a huge answer to prayer. I know it sounds small, but this was a BIG thing...for those that have followed along with this journey will understand what this means. We put her bed against the wall that is across from the hallway door. From that spot, she can see down the hallway into our room. While we were rearranging everything, she kept getting really excited and jumping on her bed. I know A LOT of people are against this, but we do have a TV in her room (I can here the judgement already:)). Anyways, she wanted to watch Tangled and lay on her bed. She has not slept in her bed for about 2 months...she has been in a play pen (which she is too small for) in our room. She is still waking up during the night screaming and sometimes going absolutely crazy ( I have 2 marks on my jaw to prove it). Anyways, we turned on the movie and I laid on the floor next to her for awhile. She seemed to have relaxed, but it did take about an hour and a half for her to be completely ok with being in her bed. She did stay in her room the whole night, but not without several screams and me laying on the floor most of the night. She had a stretch of time sometime during the night screaming even though I was still in the room with her. 
Last night we started bedtime around 8 again. It was another rough night...both for Hayden and Nic. It was his night to wake up with her and he did just that. BUT she stayed in her room the whole night. We have just been praying for wisdom through this and for Hayden. We will continue to pray through this...that these night terrors will stop and Hayden will be able to sleep peacefully. I continue to pray that the fear in her scream goes away. I know this is just for a season (hopefully), but it is a hard and tiring season. 

We will keep trying. And praying.
On a lighter note, we can't wait to start the weekend...Let the family time begin!!!!!!

 Yes, that is my daughter....rolling all over the floor:)






 Like father, like daughter...OPEN YOUR EYES!!1
This one is blurry...but I loved it!

No comments: