Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I am Loving...

Some things I am loving right now...
-having both kiddos by my side, reading together
-watching movies with my husband after the kids go to bed
-having an empty laundry basket because that means the laundry is all kept up
-driving home from school knowing that I don't have to stress over anything the rest of the night:)
-walking into the house at 4:00 and having both the kids run into my arms
-waking up with my babies...and seeing their smiles
-the hugs that I am getting from children...even the ones I haven't even met yet
-the stage that both of the kids are in...Hayden is talking nonstop and just growing into a beautiful young lady. Colt is talking as well and starting to be able to communicate so much more.
-learning to bake and cook different recipes I haven't tried before
-planning Hayden's birthday party

Those are just some of the things that have been really special to me these past few weeks so I thought I would share. 

Just a little update on the whole job...I promise I will not always be talking about it, but I just want to record how it is going once in awhile. I am absolutely loving getting to know the children and working with them closely. My prayer every day that I walk through those doors is that I would be a light to those that I come in contact with throughout the day. Because I am a para, I only have to be there when the children are so I don't go in until 9 and leave at the same time as the kiddos. I have now met all but one of my Extreme Reading groups. I have 4 different groups that I will be meeting with 4/5 days a week...1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. During the times that I am not with those groups, I am helping in different classrooms, working with a couple of children at a time. I am starting to get the hang of things and what is expected out of me. I am known to everyone as the Resource Officer's wife:) One of the major things I love about this job is that as soon as I leave the building, there is nothing I take home with me, and I don't have any other stuff to stress over. If you know me, and you have known what has happened in the last year, you know that the whole stress thing was huge for me. 
When I wake up each morning, I know I have 2 choices: to dread going to work, knowing that I am leaving my babies and missing out on different "mom" things, OR thanking God for the opportunity He has presented to me and pray that I will make an impact on the children I meet with, or even just see in the halls. Yes, it is still hard to walk out the front door in the morning, but I know that Hayden and Colton are getting loved on by their grandmas. 
Ok, I must get off of this and return to my house duties before bed:) Goodnight everyone!!!!

No comments: