Friday, September 3, 2010

Long Night Ahead

Can I just say that this is going to be one long night? Now, I know this is my second child and I should have this down pat...but I don't...probably never will. Now, in case you haven't noticed, my 2 babies are VERY different...in everything. Hayden slept through the night right away and has always been a wonderful sleeper...except when she is sick. Bubbs, on the other hand, doesn't know there is a difference between night and day. Sleep? What's sleep? My lovely little boy nurses every 2 hours...even at night. A couple of weeks ago we thought we had it all set where he would nurse at 11:00pm and not wake up to eat until Nic's alarm went of around 5:30. I was good with that. I loved it. Somewhere between that wonderful, glorious week, something happened where he thinks nights are mom-Bubby time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE snuggling with my baby boy...but at 2, 3,4 in the morning? Maybe he just knows that is when Hayden is sleeping so she can't ruin that special time...HA! Anyways...my mom brought it to my attention that I should already have moved him to his OWN room...OWN bed. WHAT?! If you know me, you know I am one paranoid momma. I know, I know, I am crazy as well. Hayden wasn't in her own room until she was 6 months and now Colton is 4 months. No, he does not sleep IN the bed with me, but in the nice little yellow bassinet right beside my bed where I can easily lean over, pick him up, attach him, without ever stepping foot on the ground. Mom also told me that maybe he isn't sleeping well because of Nic and I. I thought it about it...Nic does talk in his sleep quite often and make random noises, and I do move around a lot...so maybe she was right...darn...does she always have to be right? I guess that means I will be right all the time since I am a mom...yeah, I don't think so. Ok, so, anyways...I finally got up the nerve to place him in his own bed...but I do have a monitor right by head right now turned ALL the way up...even though his room is RIGHT next to ours. I have a feeling this is going to be a LONG night with me going back and forth peeking through the door to see his chest going up and down and having the monitor pressed against my ear to hear his little breathing.
Now for the real reason I am writing this right now...I can't sleep and I need to take my mind off of the what if's. See...this is why I have a blog...I need to ramble, so why not ramble to all of you who end up reading this instead of waking up my snoring husband.
Hmm...I wonder if sleep will ever find me tonight. Oh dear...maybe I should just go get him and bring him back in here?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! i'm mad at adam cuz Rori's room isn't done & i wanted her in there like 2 weeks ago.

you are one step ahead of me in that Rori sleeps on the bed with me most nights....but adam doesn't so it's a bit safter than colt sleeping with you and nic.

hope you get some sleep, Colt will be fine. :)

Lindsay Hunniford said...

Why am I JUST finding this blog?! Now I can be in on your family life ;-)

My thoughts: its good for everyone to make this step. You and Nic can have some "couple space" and baby boy can learn to sleep. And just be thankful your house is set up the way that it is and you don't have stairs between your two rooms!

Rachael said...

You are doing a great job! It is hard to trust when those thoughts go through your head! I have to force myself NOT to check. I used to sleep with the monitor in my hands right by my ear. Maybe it will ease your mind that he is a lighter sleeper so it would seem he would be much safer than a child who sleeps heavily!

Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."