Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

What a great weekend! Busy…but great! Nic worked ALL day Thursday, so I thought I would venture to my parents…after all…it is just me and them now that my sister left. Mom, the kids, and I had a great day complete with getting Hayden some clothes for the winter, quick lunch, and then…get this…a NAP! Can you believe I just said that?! I got to take a N.A.P. It was wonderful. Not quite long enough, but hey, I aint gonna complain! We then got to spend some time with Jen and Michelle Goethel. Jen was leaving for college Friday, so I got to say bye to her. Yes, another person in my life growing up too fast.

Friday I babysat Ronan for the morning and had a great time with him. All three kids fell asleep at the same time so it was quite wonderful and peaceful in the Minder household. Meghan and Kinley then came over after nap time so the girls could get used to each other and Kinley can become familiar with our house. She is the cutie pie that I start babysitting this week! Nic worked all day again so the kids and I just enjoyed our night in complete with tacos and ice cream.

Saturday, the kids and I got up and headed to my parents…again. One of mine and my mom’s favorite stores is closing so we thought we should go check it out one last time to see if there were any good deals. We were going to take both kids but when Hayden threw the biggest fit EVER because she wanted to stay with Papi, we surrendered and let her stay with him. We were able to get coats for Hayden and Colt for the fall and Hayden found some CUTE shoes for winter. And of course…they squeak….seriously….who designed these? We then found ourselves driving to the mall. I don’t know how…the steering wheel just made us go there. We were able to find some more good deals and then enjoyed a hamburger at Five Guys. It was such a great morning! Thanks mom and dad! Now, since it was Saturday, that meant game day…the first Notre Dame football game of the season. Nic’s dad invited us over so I met Nic over there. I felt a little guilty, I must say, that I spent the whole game in the other room talking to Brooke and her friend, Ally. Oops! We ended up talking about the Twilight Series and decided that after the game they would come to our house to watch Twilight and New Moon. Well….we did make it through all of Twilight with the help of about 30 pieces of Laffy Taffy! We couldn’t believe the huge stack of wrappers that ended up right next to us. Once again…oops.

Now, listen to this…Hayden didn’t wake up until…10:00 am Sunday morning. WOW! She slept for 13 ½ hours. She is my good sleeper…that little girl. On the other hand….Bubby…not so much. Remember how in my last blog I blabbed and blabbed about having him in his OWN bed in his OWN room…yeah…it was HORRIBLE. I was up at least 7 times and he did not want to be on his back. I was afraid to put him on his stomach, so I rolled a blanket and put him on his side…thanks to some advice. It worked for a whole hour before he was kicking his legs like he was running as fast as he could and moving his arms like a trained boxer. Last night was a little better. I ended up putting his bassinet in his room next to his bed...so yes, that means I quite...he can stay in our room until he is 5 for all I care! He slept for about 3 hours before finding himself alone. I turned on some soft music but that obviously made him more mad. What can I say…the boy wants his mom. Needless to say…when writing this blog I had to think VERY hard on what day it was and even what month. Anyways…back to Sunday. As soon as Hayden was up and we got ready, we went to the Romine’s (good family friends) for the yearly Labor Day get together (I know, I know, it isn’t till Monday...we were pretending). It was such a beautiful day with the sun shining but not blazing hot. When Nic got off work, we headed to Eby Pines where Wass and his family were camping. A whole bunch of people from Nic’s work were there and we ate some good food and just had fun. I had SO much fun talking to the other wives that has become great friendships over the time. Well, we talked while we chased our kids all around creation. There was volleyball, cornhole (I would like to add Casey and Nic were the champs…they even got a cool trophy. Sorry Wass, your talent just couldn't compete with them..hehe), food, Karaoke, campfire, smores…mmm…the smell of a campfire. Can’t get better than that! Hayden had fun playing in sand, running around like a chicken with her head cut off, playing with Wyatt, and going to the playground.

That lands us on today...Monday...Labor Day. I had a call the first thing this morning from my parents asking if they could take Hayden with them to see my Grandma and Papa Corten. I immediately started thinking about everything I could do in that window of time to get accomplished...cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning! They came and picked her up and I knew she thought she was in heaven as she left in their Jeep. She had a huge smile on her face and knew she was about to be completely spoiled by Grandma and Papi. And boy was she! While she was gone, Nic and I were able to go look around at different vans even though no car lots were open. We just wanted to get a taste for what was out there. I kept looking in the back seat to see if Hayden needed her drink or some snacks to keep her busy...but then I remembered she wasn't there. I thought it was too quiet! Bubby slept the whole time...go figure. We got home and I cleaned and did laundry while Nic worked out in the yard. I would take breaks to hold Bubby and talk with him. He is quite vocal these days! My parents eventually brought Hayden back to us and she was NOT happy about that decision. We watched as she stomped her feet, bent over, and screamed, running in a circle. She eventually calmed down and realized there was another baby in the house...Hannah Spivey. That's right folks...our best friends finally decided to come back to good ole' Indiana. So we spent the rest of the night catching up and just hanging out. Tara and I talked business as Nic and Steve talked basketball. The best part of the evening was when we laid Colt and Hannah next together on the floor and listened to her coo as Colt kept holding her hand. Then get this...he ROLLED OVER!!!! I mean completely rolled over, even getting his shoulder out of the way I truly believe this happened because he wanted to get closer to his girlfriend! The sad part is, I was looking at Tara as I saw her eyes pop wide open and point to Colt. When I turned to look where she was pointing I saw Colt on his stomach, not his back where I had laid him. Yes, I was disappointed that I missed it, but he did it over and over so I got it on video!! Amazing what makes me so excited!

Seriously, what a great weekend.

Oh, and I have some fun pictures to put up but for some reason the stinkin' blogger thing won't let me...but don't you worry...as soon as it works I will put them up! I know, I know...you will be waiting in suspense!

No comments: