Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grandpa Moves In

Grandpa and grandma are now moved in with my parents! It is actually kind of home-y. Adam and Nic moved out the furniture in the sunroom and brought up a twin bed and a dresser and TV. There is still a couch and a room divider for privacy. Hospice brought a hospital bed and some other necessary items. Sarah bought some flowers and everything was set up on Sunday.
Grandpa got to come home Sunday afternoon. I cannot tell you the difference it made with him being in a home environment with all of us together. He was smiling, talking, eating like crazy. A whole different person. He just kept saying how blessed he was and was just so happy. He wasn't making much sense but hey, I will take it:) According to him he is giving us his house because he loves Nic's company so much and he is buy the Goethel's house with a pool. Could I get that in writing?!
I know we don't have much longer with him, but I am thankful for this time that God has given us as a family. We have been able to see relatives that we haven't seen in years and have been able to spend time with Adam, Jamie and Rori...which you all know is very special to me.
I pray that these next couple of weeks will be filled with laughs, memories, and smiles. I pray that God will bring a comforting peace to my grandma and mom. I pray we take every second that we have with grandpa and hold it close.
We are very thankful for Hospice. They send people to the house to help take care of Grandpa, take care of prescriptions, and will even come a couple hours a week to stay with Grandpa if mom and dad need to get away. They have made life around here a little easier.
God has been very good to us through this hard time. He is a faithful God.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers...we couldn't be more thankful!

No comments: