Saturday, January 29, 2011

Update on Grandpa

We are now on day 4 at the hospital. The days have been long...the nights longer. He seems to do really well in the morning but fading by the evening. He gets confused...starts saying stuff that makes absolutely no sense. He imagines things. Mom and dad have been taking turns staying with him at night since he keeps trying to get out.
Mom and dad met with Hospice today and have decided to move grandpa into their house for now. They will bring in a hospital bed and a twin bed for grandma. They are going to change his medicine to oral so he won't be hooked up to anything anymore.
The fact is, he just wants to go home. He wants to be surrounded by the ones he loves...who loves him. He doesn't want his final days to be in a hospital...who does?
Adam, Jamie, and Rori are flying in today...should actually be here soon. Today's my brother's birthday. I am thankful that my brother is going to be able to be here with us...with grandpa. I know these aren't the best circumstances for all of us to be together again, but I am VERY thankful for this...for all my family to be together.
We would appreciate your prayers. We know that his days are short and we are ok with that. He will be in heaven soon with Jesus. However, grandma is not ok with all of this. Please pray for her....for God to hold her and to give peace to her. Pray for my mom...this is her daddy after all. Pray for wisdom for my parents and the doctors.
This is short but I will update more later. Thank you.

No comments: