Friday, February 4, 2011

Let it Snow






It seems like this week went by in a blink of an eye, but at the same time feels like forever! We received a HUGE blizzard Tuesday, which has kept everyone inside and everything shut down. Because I didn't have any extra kids, I spent most of the days inside where it was nice and warm! Hayden has kept Colt and I entertained....man that girl can make me go from crying my eyes out to crying because I am laughing so hard. These days have been filled with grief with the knowing Grandpa won't be around much longer and I truly believe Hayden can sense something is wrong. She has come up to me several times while I am sitting on the floor and just wraps her sweet arms around me and then pats me on the back. She then will hold my face in her 2 little hands and give me her slobbery kisses as if to say, "Don't worry mom, everything will be just fine. I am here with you." She has also been quite snuggly lately, which I LOVE. Colton has been such a sweet boy as well. He lights up the room wherever he goes. His smile is the sweetest thing in the world. I have felt so blessed this week and thankful that God has allowed me to be the mother of these two beautiful, sweet babies. Even when I think I am going to hit a wall just watching Hayden with ALL of her energy, I am still blessed.
Below are some pictures of Hayden's first time playing in the snow...yes...first time.

Adam and Jamie left Thursday and I thank God that they had safe travels. I already miss them though:( I can't believe how big my little Rori is getting...She has such a wonderful personality....and she is just so darn gorgeous. The week started off with me making her SCREAM but by the end I think she was growing rather fond of me! I did get some smiles and giggles out of her!! I just love watching Adam and Jamie with her. They are such amazing parents. You can just see the love flowing from them.
Last night Nic and I decided we just needed to get away from everything even if it was for a couple of hours. We had just visited with grandpa...it was a hard visit...we both cried most of the way home. I know I have said this before...but I have never had to really deal with death, especially with someone so close to me. I don't think I know how to deal with it. Part of me wants to rejoice because I know my grandpa will be meeting Jesus soon. He will be in no more pain. He will be strong again. But the other part is just torn because I just don't want to let go. I don't want to lose my grandpa. He is such a wonderful man, full of love and humor. He is my sweet grandpa. Last night when I was at my parents I had my grandma embraced in a hug and she just cried...she kept saying she was just so scared and doesn't know what she is going to do without her best friend. I think that is the hardest...watching her and my mom go through this process. I just have to trust that God will put a peace in their hearts and hold them tight.
Anyways...back to the "getting away from everything"...Jason and Whitney had called and asked us to go bowling. Brooke was awesome enough to come watch the kids...well...watch TV since the kids were already asleep:) Now...I haven't been bowling since college so I was a little nervous! But the two hours of just having fun and laughing was so refreshing and so wonderful. Even though I STINK at that stupid game, we had a blast and for two hours I didn't have to think about the past week and a half. Thanks Jas and Whit for that time! and thanks Brooke for letting us get away! PLEASE DON'T GO TO COLLEGE!
On to a different subject (sorry...I know...this blog is all over the place!). So remember how Hayden has decided she wants to be awake during the wee hours of the night? And remember how my Colt decided he wants to sleep THROUGH the night and be a good little boy?? Well...for 3 straight nights BOTH of my babes slept through THE ENTIRE NIGHT!!! Amazing, isn't it??? That's what I though...but I got too cocky and bragged about it to too many people...which leads me to last night...BOTH kids were up at ALL different times of the night...what's up with that?!?!
So, needless to say I was a tad tired today. But so were the kids. They both took a LONG nap and somehow, without knowing it dozed off as well...oops! I really did plan on doing the rest of the laundry and vacuuming. Oh well. We then headed off to Nic's game at Bethany. They won by a lot...again! Let me just tell you...Nic is one stud muffin out there coaching! Hehe!
Well...let's hope...maybe...for one of those good night sleeps where my children decide to sleep all the way through.

I love this picture above. I know that she was just throwing snow up but it resembles the way that I have been these past couple of weeks...in complete surrender to God. I found myself in this position many times lately. Below is from Jesus Calling from the other day.
I am your strength and shield. I plan out each day and have it ready for you, long before you arise from bed. I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing your energy level and wondering about what's on the road ahead, concentrate on staying in touch with Me. My Power flows freely into you through our open communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying, and you will have strength to spare.
Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that I am your Shield. But unlike inanimate armor, I am always alert and active. My Presence watches over you continually, protecting you from both known and unknown dangers. Entrust yourself to My watchcare, which is the best security system available. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.
"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." Psalm 105:4

No comments: