Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jaclyn's Baby Shower





Today we celebrated a special friend who will shortly be holding her precious baby girl in her arms. Today we watched Jaclyn be totally blessed by family and friends. It melted my heart to watch her open her presents....A LOT of presents...knowing that she will soon....so soon...know the love of a mother for her child. Knowing that her life will forever be changed. She is going to be such a wonderful mommy and Allanah will be so loved. She already is. I can't wait to see Jaclyn holding her little girl and see the love flowing out of her heart for her precious daughter.
Today brought back many memories as I remember my shower day all so clearly. I remember the friends and family that gathered to celebrate with Nic and I, I remember feeling HUGE, but at the same time beautiful because I knew I was carrying my sweet Hayden, I remember the smells of the food...because of course every pregnant woman smells everything. I remember how blessed I felt as I opened each present and couldn't wait to go home and decorate her room, put her new clothes in her closet, her bedding on her crib, the onesies in her drawers, and the diapers and wipes in her changing table. I just couldn't wait. I remember putting together the swing, the play yard, and everything else together right away.
Yes, today was a special day. Only a few more weeks and Jaclyn's daughter will be here...in this world...in our lives. I am excited to watch Jaclyn turn into a mommy. Jac-I am praying for you these last couple of weeks...that God will grant you peace, comfort, and rest. I pray that he will take your anxiety of labor away. I pray that God will bless you and Rick greatly and that your labor will go smoothly and fast. I pray that God will keep Rick strong for you through these last hard weeks. I pray that as you become a mom, that God will guide you and Rick in every decision and that He will give you wisdom. I pray that as Allanah enters the world that God will protect your little family. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THIS SPECIAL BABY GIRL. I love you three.

No comments: