Friday, January 7, 2011

Special Moments

Today has been a sweet, sweet day so far. Woke up and snuggled, that's right, snuggled with both of my babies in the big bed. Hayden was talking in her language (probably telling Bubby all that she was planning to do today), Colton was grinning ear to ear in admiration for his sister, and I was thanking God for this precious moment. No extra kids today meant no alarm clock...well...besides the "Mom? Mommy?" echoing through the hallway letting me know that it was, in fact, time to start the day.
After the cuddle fest, we moved to the kitchen where I attempted to feed Bubby his cereal and fruit...which was a task in itself as most of it ended on my pants, splattered on the kitchen counter, smothered over his hands due to playing in the splattered counter, and then all over my face as he decided it was time to sneeze...with his mouth full. While Bubby enjoyed his lovely breakfast, Hayden enjoyed her cereal bar while sharing it with Iris. See, she is learning how to share! One bite for her, one for Iris, one lick for her, one for Iris. Yum. We then thought it would be fun to get in the drawer with all the straws and see what kind of design we could make with them on the kitchen floor...let me rephrase that...HAYDEN thought it would be fun! But, she loved it...and once again...so did the dog.
I decided the kids would enjoy a bath considering one was covered in cereal and bananas. I love watching the kids in the bath because they have so much fun...splashing water EVERYwhere, playing with toys, filling the bowl with water and dumping it on each other. Today was kind of different though...I think my little boy found his boy part...I was a little afraid, I admit, that he was going to hurt himself trying to take it off. By the time everyone was clean, dry, and had somewhat of an outfit on, Bubby decided he would take a nap. He slept for 3 hours...I was SHOCKED. I kept cracking open the door to make sure he was ok. As I looked into the crib, I couldn't help but smile and thank God for my sweet little boy. His sweet little body curled up and he lips curling into a smile (probably dreaming about nursing!).
While he slept, I folded laundry (with the help of my daughter), put away laundry (which I despise), cleaned up the straws only to see them back on the floor after putting the dishes away, cleaned the straws up again, fished a straw out of Iris' mouth, fished 3 straws out of the slot in the oven, and fished another straw out of the vent, ran around the house 3 times chasing Hayden just to hear her giggle, pick her up after totally wiping out rounding a corner, fed her lunch, fished out the HUGE piece of pizza jammed into her mouth, laughed with her, watched her play at her easel with the magnetic letters, watched her wonder through the house looking for things to get into, watched her rub her precious eyes, laid her in her bed, prayed with her, and off she drifted to sleep. I know I saw this often, but I just can't describe the love I have for these two babies. I know every mom out there feels the same. It is just a love so deep that you can't describe. It reminds me of Jesus' love for His children.
Shortly after Hayden fell asleep, Bubby woke up with a HUGE smile on his face. So...I took that time to just snuggle with him and took it all in. His giggle, the way his eyes light up when I talk to him, the way his feet and hands are non-stop, the way he brings his hands together when he gets excited...what a special little boy.
I know this first part of my day might not sound so special to some people, some people might not care less what I find so special...well then...don't read my blog!
Nic is gone all night at a game, so it's just me and the kiddos...maybe a nice relaxing night with a movie??? Umm...yeah right!!

No comments: