Thursday, January 6, 2011

Starting of the year with a BANG..of sickness

Well we survived our first week of January. It amazes me how slow the week can go while we are going through it and then how fast it seems it went by the end of the week. Weird. We started off 2011 with a bang. A big bang of sickness. Wonderful. My little boy had his first ear infection and was just miserable...because of all the drainage he had an awful cough and was just plain miserable. I felt so incredibly bad for him I just wanted to cough for him when he couldn't get it out. I guess it doesn't help when he has 4 teeth coming in all at the same time. My lovely husband so graciously gave me his sickness as well. You know, the typical sore throat that feels like you are swallowing razor blades, a headache that feels like someone is hammering you on the head, ear hurting like someone jammed a Q-tip into it, a nose running like the flowing river and the next moment you blow and blow and just nothing comes out of that darn nose...you know...the usual. You know what stinks about being the mother though? You don't get to just crawl back in bed and sleep it off. You don't get to take a break from real life to get all caught up. Life has to keep on going. The kids still need to be taken care of. The house still needs to be picked up (kind of). The kids still need to eat. Hmm. I asked Nic the other day if he remembered when we were young and when we got sick our moms would take care of us, making sure we were getting liquids into us, making sure we had our meds, making sure we were getting our rest. I kept singing that song, "I don't wanna grow up" in my head. Those were the days!!
Thankfully I have a wonderful mother who came to help me with the kids the night Nic had a game and I had a bad reaction to the antibiotics. What a life savor! Nic also showed what an amazing husband he is when he took the kids out for a little bit last night so I could get some what of rest. He gave me strict instructions that I was not allowed to do any housework, which was killing me because I thought of a million things I could do when he left...but I DID sneak in a load of laundry! Shh..don't tell him! Anyways, I was VERY thankful!
On top of all this sickness, Hayden has not been sleeping well at night at all. She is having a hard time falling asleep and wants to cuddle with Nic and I which is not like her AT ALL! She has also been waking up around 5 screaming at the top of her lungs. She has always been my award winning sleeper...all I can think of is maybe an ear infection? The only time in her life that she doesn't sleep at night is when she has ear infections. However, the good thing about this is she is in the mood to cuddle...she is laying on my lap as we speak!! Nic got a call out for SWAT so her and I are just cuddling:) And watching I Love Lucy!!
So...for the positive side of this week...Nic and I have been getting really excited about this coming weekend and have been calling people like crazy for our 2011 Shaklee kickoff. We can't wait to see how it turns out!! We just keep thanking God for providing for us and showing us a way that brings in income while I still get to stay home with my babies. Another positive note-Nic's JV won again tonight...by almost 60 points! I am one proud coach's wife! oh, and just one more positive note-even though Bubby has not been feeling well, he has been sleeping VERY well during the night, only waking up once around 5 and then falls back asleep until 7:30. Go figure, one child starts sleeping and the other doesn't!
So if you are reading this, please say a little prayer that our family will just get healthy soon. I know this is going around like CRAZY and I just think personally that it needs to end...ha. Also, if you are reading this, please say another little prayer for the Carpenter family. A year ago today their little boy met Jesus. As you can imagine (well, a lot of us CAN'T imagine) this is an extremely difficult time for them. Pray that God will comfort them and just wrap His loving arms around them and their 2 other children.


No comments: