Thursday, October 28, 2010

My 2-Year-Old


Dear Sweet Hayden,

It brings tears to my eyes to think that you are already TWO years old. You have been in my life for 2 whole years. You are my baby girl. I can’t even begin to believe all that has happened in the second year of your life. You change everyday and you are growing into a BEAUTIFUL girl. Hayden, I know I am your mother, but I can’t even begin to describe how breathtaking you are. You have gorgeous, big, chocolate brown eyes with such long eyelashes, striking blonde, wavy hair, and a long, lean little body. Everywhere you go, you make sure to be the center of attention. You love to wave and say “hi” to everyone you come in contact to, whether it is an old couple walking through Walmart or a family at a restaurant. You can brighten any room you walk into and put a smile on everyone’s face. You are not only beautiful on the outside, but you are more beautiful on the inside. You have the most amazing personality. You know when someone is sad, and will walk over and give them a hug and a kiss. You LOVE to make people laugh. You will do anything to accomplish that. You love to give hugs and kisses to everyone and learned how to “pound it” with your fist.

Although you aren’t quite talking in sentences, you do say a lot and you understand everything we say. You get frustrated when you we can’t understand you. Some words you say-daddy, mommy, Bubby, Papi, doggy, Ara (Sarah), B (Brooke), Kissy (Kristen), side (outside), ju-ju (juice), fishy, whas that? (what’s that), no (your favorite), slide, peas (please), k, it’s broke, my toy, whoa, basrtball (basketball), I, I, (ice) and many more. You are such a helper. You want to always help in any way you can, like getting your diaper (or Bubby’s), cleaning up after yourself when you spill, helping me cook by climbing on the counter and sitting on it, and many more. You love your Bubby very much and make him giggle hard. You love to swing him and play with him. Sometimes you get too rough, but he doesn’t mind. You don’t like it when he cries, so you do whatever you can to make him stop, whether it is getting his pacifier or blowing on his tummy. You want to hold him on your lap and kiss him on his cheek.

You have more energy than I thought was possible. You are on the go and I have to admit, sometimes I lose you in our house. Ever since you started walking at 13 months, you have been on the go…you skipped the whole walking part and went right to running. You climb on anything and aren’t afraid of anything. You are quite independent. You like to do things on your own. You are quite attached to your blankies. We can’t go anywhere without your brown blankie. When you get tired, you rub the silk part across your eyes. You have a special bond with your Papi and Grammy. You are Papi’s little shadow. You love all your aunts and your uncle. You don’t get to see Uncle Adam and Aunt Jamie a lot, but you can point out Uncle Adam’s picture when we ask where he is.

You love to look at books and sing the ABC’s. You also love to dance to music…which is quite amusing. You love to play with balls and to play outside. You love any kind of animal. You are very smart. You love to drink out of a straw, especially McDonald’s diet coke. You eat almost everything that is put in front of you. Your expressions are priceless. You sleep like a pro…12 hours at night and 2-2 ½ hours during the day. You don’t fight going to sleep.

Some things you don’t like-people taking pictures of you, staying in your crib once you are awake, people not paying attention to you, not being able to communicate, plain water to drink, being trapped on the other side of the gate as me.

You amaze me everyday. Just when I think you can’t get more beautiful, funny, or sweet, you prove me wrong. You won’t ever understand how much I love you until you have your own little girl. Sometimes it hurts so much how much I love you. I want to always keep you safe from harm.

I love how you play with my hair. I love how you try so hard to help with the babies by feeding Ronan or giving them their pacifiers. I love how you love to hug and kiss everyone. I love how you sit with your knees bent in a way I can’t. I love how you get so excited when you see animals…any kind. I love that you aren’t shy. I love how you take care of Bubby. I love that you run, not walk. I love that you smile all the time. I love that you laugh at yourself. I love how you get worried if something like a crumb or ant is on the floor. I love that you aren’t afraid to get dirty. I love how you climb on things and are so proud of yourself. I love watching you build things. I love how you fall down and get right back up.

Hayden I pray for you everyday. I continue to pray that you will learn to walk in the way the Lord has for you. I pray that you learn to love Him with your whole heart and live for Him everyday. I pray that you will keep your innocence as long as possible. I pray that you don’t grow up too fast. I pray that you love people….look for the best in people. I pray that you love and watch out for your Bubby. I pray that you will grow to be a godly woman. I pray that your heart will be protected and that it will never harden. I pray that you will look out for those who can’t look out for themselves. I pray that God will protect you. I also thank God for giving us you. I thank Him for your personality. I thank Him for your big heart. I thank Him for your health. I thank Him for the blessing He gives us each day. I thank Him for the little girl you have become. I love you, Sweetie.

Love you always,

Mommy

No comments: