Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colton is 6 months old


(Colt didn't feel like cooperating at this moment in time:))

Dear Baby Colton,

Today you are 6 months. Half of a year. Blows my mind how fast you are growing up. I know people think that you are only 6 months. But I think you are already 6 months. I want you to know that you are one precious baby boy. You and I are quite attached. Papi says that your eyes follow me around everywhere. You sure love me…I want you to remember that when you get older! When you were born I was scared to death that we wouldn’t have that strong bond like I have with your sister because I had no idea what to do with a baby boy. I couldn’t put bows in your hair and I couldn’t dress you in pink…that’s all I knew. But I truly believe the bond that you and I have now is stronger than I ever imagined. It is a different bond…one that only a mom can have with her boy. You are my precious baby boy. I fall in love with you more and more every day.

I love how you smile by just looking at you. I love that you stop crying the moment I lift you into my arms. I love that you try to fit your fist, sometimes both, in your mouth. I love how you grab onto my hair to pull my face close to yours. I love how you giggle at your sister. I love how you love to snuggle…all the time. I love how you play with your feet. I love your oh-so-sweet personality. I have to admit I love how you love to nurse. I love how laid back you are. I love how you go cross-eyed when your face is up to mine. I love how you like to have your blankie by your face to fall asleep. I love how you study objects. I love how you move your legs when you get excited. I love that you fall asleep in the car. I love how you talk all the time. I love that when I wake up your smile is the first thing I see, no matter what time it is. I love how your eyes follow me wherever I go.

You are still as smiley as ever and LOVE your older sister. Like you watch me, you watch her just as much. You giggle at her and just admire her. And she loves you as well. She is always wanting to help with you, whether it is getting a diaper or even your pacifier. She also brings you your little blankie when you start crying. She doesn’t like it when you cry…which you do very rarely. I love watching the bond that is growing between you two. I pray that you become close friends like me and my siblings. You also LOVE your toys. Your hand-eye coordination is quite amazing. You study your hands all the time. You love to hold onto your toys as you chew on them or even just wave them with your out of control motions. You are also starting to grab everything that is close to your reach, such as my hair, the computer, food, napkins.

You still aren’t sleeping through the night still, but that’s ok. However, you are getting a routine down of eating cereal, taking a bath, getting a little message, and nursing before I place you in your crib. You are getting to be a pro at falling asleep on your own in your own bed. The problem is staying asleep. You just love to snuggle night and day. But the truth is, I don’t mind. I know that this is just a part of life and before I know it you will be off to college and I will be wanting these times back.

Some of your firsts include: going to a ND football game with mommy and daddy, your first cold (because of that football game), going to your first pumpkin patch, and traveling to Ohio to meet the Sivards. You still have a special charm about you that makes people fall in love with you wherever you go.

Colton, I love you…more than you will ever know.

Love,

Your Mommy

No comments: