Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello November

Helloooooo November! Is it me or are the months going by too fast?? I believe so. Well, this weekend was sure full of excitement!

Hayden had her 2 year appointment on Friday. I took the kids over to Mishawaka early so my mom and I could take Hayden to Toys R Us to pick out a toy with her birthday money from Aunt Maureen and Great-grandma Corten. Let me tell you, mom and I were laughing so hard watching Hayden parade around the store and stack up her own shopping cart with random toys that sparked her interest. We did, however, end up with a toy shopping cart and a baby doll….go figure. After naps, my mom offered to support me and go to the appointment with me. I can usually handle both of the kids on my own and am not afraid to tackle appointments on my own…but I was happy she offered to go! And let me tell ya, I am so THANKFUL that she did come…2 hours of waiting and only 5 minutes with the actual doctor kind of made for a crazy afternoon from a 2 year old and a 6 month old. They both did well, but it was still crazy. Hayden is now 26 pounds and 35 inches long. She is in the 52% ile for weight and 92%ile for height. Nic is quite proud. The doctor said she looked perfect. I am excited to see Bubby’s growth this coming Friday…let’s hope and pray that it doesn’t take another 2 hours!

Friday night Nic had to work so I took the kiddies to my friends’, Jason and Whit’s, church for their little fall festival event. I forget what it was actually called! Anyways, Hayden had a blast. They had these huge blow up things for the kids to jump in and then different games. They also had face painting and of course Hayden just had to pick out the basketball…ha! I wish this church were a tad bit closer…I really like the people there! All-in-all…GREAT NIGHT.

Saturday Nic got off work early and went to the Notre Dame football game with his dad while I took the kids to the mall with Tara and Hannah. Tara and I always get in trouble when we go to the mall together…oops! Hayden ended up with some CUTE black boots though! We then ventured over to the Carlock’s where we spent most of the afternoon before dinner.

We continued the birthday celebrations for Hayden throughout the weekend as we celebrated with her Grandpa Jack at Bonefish. It was a nice time even though Colton blew out his pants and ended up in just his little jacket…even his shoes suffered. Hayden LOVED her presents and had to wear her new pink fleece yesterday. She cracks me up.

Sunday the kids and I got to spend the WHOLE day with Nic. We had a training meeting at the Flemmings…which was so great. Nic and I are so pumped to see that our dreams can actually be reality if we work for it. We are so thankful for all the support we have with our team and that our “work” is actually fun and filled with time with our friends. It was so fun to sit around and talk about how we will be going on free vacations with our friends and cruising around town in our free vans (hahaha!). This is our answer to prayer that we have been praying for for over a year. This is something we can do as a family, together. Yesterday was also a big accomplishment for Nic and I because we reached DIRECTOR!!!!!!!! We are so stoked and couldn’t sleep last night from all the excitement. We are so thankful for Kara and Kyle for sharing the Dream Plan with us and thankful for the Rahns for busting their you-know-whats until 11:30 last night.

After our meeting we took the kids over to Papi and Grammy’s. Although we kind of missed Trick or Treating, we still dressed Hayden up as a bumble bee. We were going to dress Colt up as a giraffe, but because of his fever, we thought that wasn’t the best idea.

Colton came down with a fever Saturday and was just not quite himself. Yesterday it spiked to 103.7…which scared me to death. We have been faithful in giving him Tylenol but he is just not himself. My dad tried giving him a cool bath in an attempt to cool him down. Tara even said that he didn’t seem to be his smiling self on Saturday. I just thought it was teething. He is still warm today but he is back to smiling and playing. The only good thing about all this is he is so cuddly. I absolutely love to cuddle with my babies.

Now that I read through all of this I have realized I am just all over the place, but oh well.

Happy November everyone!!!

Also, because Nic and I became DIRECTORS in FastTRACK, we were asked to write “Our Why” story. Kara always tells us that we have to have a why that makes us cry. This is our why:

New Shaklee Directors- October 2010

When Nic and I found out I was pregnant with my first child, we knew that there was no other option but for me to continue to work. I have always dreamed of being able to stay at home and raising my children and go to all the class parties and field trips. I dreamed of being able to be there for my children. Unfortunately we knew this wasn’t a choice that we had at this time in our lives. I continued to teach after my daughter was born and all through my second pregnancy. I cried most days, wishing to be at home with my daughter. It was the hardest thing to get her up in the mornings, get her ready, take her to school with me, and then release her to my mom for the rest of the day. Although I knew she was in the best of hands with my mom, I still wanted to be the one to be with her. I was so afraid I was going to miss all her firsts. The first time she rolled over, the first time she sat up, the first time she stood alone, the first time she walked. By the time I came home from any meetings, late afternoons of grading/planning, or conferences, I was totally exhausted and felt like I had no energy.

Not only did I have no energy for my daughter, but I had no energy for my husband. I felt like I couldn’t be a good mom, wife, or teacher. My heart was at home. We prayed and we prayed. We kept thinking there were doors opening for different opportunities, but they ended up shutting. There were many nights I stayed awake in tears knowing I had to work the next morning instead of being with my family. After my son was born we decided I would not return to teaching. I finally thought my prayers had been answered.

However, after a couple of months of worrying about finances and finding that our money was running out, my husband and I knew the only way to fix this was me going back to work. Again, I was in tears almost every day thinking about it. I sent in applications to different schools and daycares. I heard nothing and I still didn’t know what we were going to do. Many times I would call Kara Sears because I knew we were all in the same boat. Our passion is to be a mom and a wife.

While I was in Tennessee on a family trip, Kara called me and told me she knew a way that I could live out my passion. As soon as I returned home, I called Kara and met with her and her mom. It was then she presented the Dream Plan to me. I kept thinking, “this sounds way too good to be true. Is it?” I talked to Nic when I got home and we thought maybe this is our answer that we have been praying for. We continued to meet with Kara and Kyle and learn more about this business opportunity. This could give us the life that we want for our family, for our kids. Not only could be change the way we are living for the better, but we could share our passion with others and help them achieve their dreams as well.

Shaklee has provided a life for us that we could be healthier and wealthier. We have fallen in love with the products and see that they always work, always green, and always safe for our WHOLE family. This has become our passion, as a family. It is something that, together, we can share with others.

No comments: