Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Break-All in one post:)

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving Break has come and is almost over. It is a break that I have waited for in great anticipation and prayed that God would slow time down long enough for me to capture every single moment. This past year has been a year of tears, joys, question, rejoicing, hardships. BUT it has also been a year to look back on and give THANKS to God....in every situation. In the last few posts, I have written down things that I am thankful for. Here are a few more to go on the list...
I am thankful for...
*God's unfailing love. For His provision. For His grace. For His mercy. For His faithfulness. For His provision.
*Family movie nights...complete with popcorn and snuggling.
*Age 3...it is an AWESOME age and I am absolutely loving every second of it.
*Antibiotics for my little boy who is a complete mess with an ear infection. 
*Christmas decorations and Christmas music...no matter what mood you are in, it automatically turns into a jolly mood when you look at a Christmas tree or hear the music:)
*Warm weather on November 26.
*An education.
*McDonald's diet coke.
*A king-sized bed...:)
*Prayer...I have found myself on my knees this past year more than I can ever remember. It is the one place where I can cry out to God and be completely real. 
*The Bible. 
*A car that works.
*A house that feels like home.
*Date nights...they are far and few in between but I look forward to them and LOVE the time I have with just my husband.
*2 healthy, beautiful, sweet babies. 
*The opportunity to watch 

There are so many more things I am thankful for, but it would probably end up being a book:) So I will stop there. 

Anyways, here is a look at what this break held for us...
Nic and I took the kids to Concord's basketball game on Tuesday night. We started the night at Applebees, where the kiddos loved the huge booth we had to just the 4 of us:) They actually watched the entire game. Colt sat right on his daddy's lap and had the look of true concentration on his face...it was quite precious to watch, not to mention it made his daddy proud.


Kris and Sarah came over on Wednesday to bake. It was wonderful. We watched a Christmas movie while baking our little hearts out...Sarah and Hayden made turkeys. Despite giving Kris a hard time about baking, we were able to make our own Chex Mix in the crock pot and monster cookies.
(I forgot I took these pics on my sister's camera...oops! I will post them when I get it from her!)
Later that evening, Nic, the kids, and I decorated the house with Christmas decorations. I loved the reactions on Hayden and Colt's faces when we turned on the lights on the tree. It was priceless.








Brooke spent the night to help prepare for our meal the next day.

It was finally Thanksgiving day!! Yummy food. Awesome company. Good day...that ended in another visit to the theatre with Tara and Kris to see Breaking Dawn...again.













 Colt got a little fresh with Hannah girl
 I love this...so much


 Apparantly I was the only one who thought we were doing a "fun" picture...oops!




 Hayden camping out in Rara's room 

Friday and Saturday were low-key for us. No shopping. Just hanging out around the house. Hayden spent the day with her Gamma and Poppy and her aunties. She was in heaven. Colt, on the other hand enjoyed his one on one with his momma and daddy. What a little ham!! We later celebrated Brooke's birthday over a VERY good dinner! Hayden and Colt LOVED having their food cooked in front of them!


We had an unexpected visit to the doctors this morning that resulted in finding out Colt had has a severe ear infection, which explains the sleepless last 2 nights and a temp that got up to 103. Poor guy. He is miserable. Hopefully this medicine kicks in SOON! 

I seriously can't believe tomorrow is Sunday, which means the next day is Monday, which means back to work. Now the countdown to Christmas!! Let the Christmas movie watching begin!! 



No comments: