Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Life

This past week has been a struggle for Nic and I and the kids....all because of sickness. Hayden and Colt have both had nasty colds and Colt has had another ear infection. I can't tell you the difference between him tonight from him the other night when he was in pain. So much more pleasant:) He is back to his happy, flirty, funny self. Hayden is also feeling MUCH better, thank the Lord. Nic and I, on the other hand, are almost over the worst part of our colds, popping vitamins and medicine like it's our jobs. I just wanted to record a couple of incidences from the past week so I can look back on them when the kids are older and congratulate myself for making it through this time in our lives:) Hehe! Here we go:

*As we were watching a football game the other night, Nic was yelling at the TV (he still thinks the players can here him through the television). All of the sudden, we heard, "Pass the ball, dang it!" It was Hayden. Apparently we need to seriously monitor what we say.
*Hayden has been having a hard time going to the bathroom and has been taking medicine to help everything go smoother, if you get my drift. Well, last night after going #2 in the toilet, she looked at it and before I could flush it, she said, "no, I wanna show daddy. It's big." Awesome. She is her father's daughter.
*Colton has learned how to tackle. And by that I mean he full out will take Hayden out in a blink of an eye. He has learned to play at the same level as his big sister. The other day Hayden was yelling, "NO BUBBY!" in her whiny voice, so I just assumed she wasn't sharing with him. After calling out, "Hayden, you need to share" over and over, I finally went in the other room to see what was going on. Colt had grabbed Hayden's head from behind and was on top of her and wouldn't let her move. He was smiling. She was not.
*Tonight I was sitting on the bean bag playing with Colt and Hayden. All of the sudden I looked up to see Colt running at me in full force and before I could stop him, his head went into my face. He smiled. I had tears in my eyes and have a fat lip.
*The other day Colt kept crying and crying in his crib. I waited and waited, thinking he would eventually just fall asleep. After 30 minutes of crying, I figured maybe he really did need something. He did. His legs were stuck in slits of the crib. Mom of the year award right here, folks.
*Colt didn't sleep for 2 nights in a row. He was up every 1/2 hour. He slept the next night. Hayden didn't sleep the next 2 nights. We will see what happens tonight. I'm tired...Nic's tired. We will get through this stage of life with 2 small children, right? Word of wisdom: DO NOT take "drowsy" medicine if you think there is ANY chance your child might not sleep that night. Not cool.
*Hayden thought she would potty train Colt one night this week by taking him to the little potty and take his diaper off. It was full of poop. Potty training failed Hayden that night...as well as our floor.
*On a sweeter note, the other night I was in a lot of pain due to my monthly issues (ladies, you understand, I'm sure), and I was bent over on the floor almost in tears when Hayden started rubbing my back. For those of you who know my little Hayden, sympathy isn't one of her strong suits:) She looked at me and said, "Mommy, you ok? Daddy will take care of you when he gets home." Such a sweet moment.
*Tonight Hayden was climbing on Nic when he looked at her and asked, "Did you poop in your pants?"  Hayden replied, "Noooooooooooo. I beep beeped." Again, her father's child:)

So, as I read through this, I realized there is a lot of personal information about my children's bodily functions...I apologize....kind of.

Through all of this, I can honestly say I wouldn't trade a moment of this for anything. This is our life. It's crazy. It's loud. It's messy. It's full of parental mistakes. I learn every day. It's so worth every second. I love it all.

No comments: