Monday, August 22, 2011

Mind Boggling

Do you ever feel like you have so much to say but you don't know how to communicate it? Like all these crazy thoughts running through your head and you don't even know how to make sense of it all? Maybe if I just "list" some of the things my head will start to clear a little bit??
*My heart is broken from hearing about the guy that stabbed 7 people, killing 4, blowing up a house, and then blowing up his car while he was driving in Elkhart. I guess I can't imagine what kind of hate would have to be in someone's heart to do that....to totally rip apart families that way. Nic and I passed the house that he blew up and there were still people just looking at it, standing on the sidewalks. I know this happens all around, but I just don't understand this kind of hatred. I don't even know what to say about it. I just don't understand.
*Hayden is still not sleeping in her room. We let her cry...and she will SCREAM for an hour and a half without giving up. We tried putting Colt in with her. We tried having her sleep in Colt's room. I am out of ideas. I have prayed for her and with her over and over. It is hard being the mother and having absolutely NO idea what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I just want her to be able to feel safe in her room and be able to fall asleep without Nic and I.
*As mentioned in previous posts, Nic has started a new job. I am so thankful to God for this. With summer coming to an end and not having any extra kids in the house due to school starting, I feel like we are going to be able to fall into a routine. I like routine. My kids like routine. I am excited for this. Today was the first day, and I believe that we did quite well. We even got to take Nic lunch to his new office:) 
*As much as I hate to admit it, I have been watching the Bachelor Pad. Tonight will be the last night I watch that show. It has been on for a couple weeks now, and I just can't believe what people will do to win or in some instances just to feel better about themselves. Backstabbing, lying, manipulating...all to win money. I think the thing that has disturbed me the most was last week's challenge. All the guys stood in a line, with targets on their back and the girls had to throw eggs with paint in them at the boy that best answers the questions. The questions were, "who do you find the least attractive?" "who do you think should go home next?" and so on. Seriously?? How wrong is that? I just can't get over the fact that people have to tear others so low. It makes me sick to my stomach. Originally I thought, "ok, so this show has drama, but I am still going to watch." The truth is, I seriously cannot watch another minute of that show. 
*Most of these points come done to this...what kind of world are we living in? It is sick. It is a time like this that I am so grateful for being a child of God and having hope....to know that my identity is in Christ. I am thankful to be surrounded by people who lift me up, not tear me down and manipulate me. I am thankful for knowing that my Lord is faithful.
I know a lot of this probably doesn't make much sense, but that's ok, because it doesn't make sense to me:) Just needed to clear my head a little bit. 

No comments: