Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's Official!

IT IS OFFICIAL!! I can finally say that we are now going to have half of a normal life as a family!!! Can you tell my excitement?:) For the last 5 years, we have adjusted to the life of a Police Officer. SWAT callouts, different shift hours, over time, security jobs, fair hours, trainings...everything that comes with the job...which eventually becomes a lifestyle. Please, I am NOT complaining at ALL about the last 5 years, or the job. Like I said, we just adjusted. That's what had to be done. We have made the most of it and looked on the positive side. Through these years I have watched all the ups and downs of this job and the toll it can take on any family but also how rewarding it can be. My husband is good at his job and I am one proud wife. But sometimes this job was hard. It was hard to go to church every Sunday without my husband, to go to family gatherings alone, not having him home for holidays. It was hard to figure out schedules and days off, especially with that beeper he carries around on that stinkin' hip (most of the time I wanted to chuck it in the creek...but then thought maybe that wouldn't be the best way to handle it).
Starting this school year, Nic will be the SRO (Student Resource Officer) at Concord. WHICH MEANS...WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS OFF! We get to go to church as a family! WOO HOO! Every time I think about this, I smile. He will have school hours and his own office. I know that he is excited for this, which makes me happy. I want him to be happy.
I am not saying that EVERYTHING is going to change. I know there will be call outs. I know that there will be trainings. I know there will still be ups and downs and that this job change will make everything perfect...I am no dummy...despite what most think:)
But for right now, rejoice with me!

No comments: