Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Sun Came Out!


 Above is what happens after an hour and a half of being checked, rechecked, and then checked again. What do I mean by that? My sis, Kris, is in PA (Physician's Assistant) School at St. Francis in Ft. Wayne. She had asked if I could bring my lovely babies into her class for their pediatric lab. The students were to practice physical exams on the children. The students ended up pairing up. Between the students and all the children and rotations, my children were examined 4 times each. Let me tell ya, they were champs...even though they were greatly bribed by stickers, play-doh, bubbles, balls, and slinkys. The students did great and I reassured each of them that if they could handle my kiddos, they could handle almost any child:)

As for today...this is what our day consisted of:
Around noon the kids and I headed to my parents' house. They were pretty tired by the time we got there so I put them down for a nap. My mom and I decided we wanted to get some sun since it we finally had a BEAUTIFUL day! So...we put on some suits, blew up some floats, turned down the hot tub, and laid in paradise (well, for Granger, IN) for about 2 blissful hours. We talked, we laughed, we got some sun:)



 After our peaceful couple hours, my little buddy joined us outside, full of smiles with his Papi...

 Then Miss Thang woke and they wanted to enjoy some hot tub time...
 After pizza for dinner, we headed to my grandma's for some Dairy Queen!

 Even though I shared my creamy (ice cream) with my children, they wanted to smooch off of Papi's...



After a week of rain, rain, and more rain, the kids and I took in every bit of daylight we could. Where was Nic? Working...all day. Bless his heart.
OHHH...Nic took me on a real date last night! He got his mom to watch the kiddos while we went to McCarthy's and then walked around the Jazz Festival. Although it was kind of cool, it was a great night to spend with just my hubby. We didn't have to rush through dinner or chase kids around. We needed that night greatly. I am so thankful that I have a husband that still sees the value of him and his wife getting away for a couple hours just as a couple. I love that man...A LOT!

No comments: