Monday, April 4, 2011

Not so interesting post:)

Well, well...I can hardly believe that it is April already. The birth month of my baby boy. Seriously?! Nic and I ordered Colt's invitations, ordered the paper products and decorations and are going to be ordering the cake soon. Can't believe the planning has started. And let me tell ya, planning a birthday party for a boy is SO different than planning one for a girl. It is a bittersweet month because while I love watching my son grow and learn new things everyday, it still reminds me is a year old. When I was first pregnant with Hayden I lost count of people telling me how fast the time goes and to take in every moment of every day. You don't realize what they are talking about until you hold your baby for the first time. I know my children are only 2 1/2 and almost 1, but I feel like the first year of both of their lives just flew by. I have been so blessed and am just so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to be a mother.
Ok, breathe, Tori, breathe.
Anyways, nothing really interesting has been happening in the Minder household. Thursday and Friday I had the opportunity to share with 2 moms about Shaklee, which was fun. They are both girls that I went to high school with and really haven't seen since then. They are both now married and have kids so it was so fun to catch up and talk about life. This weekend we just kind of relaxed and watched basketball...well...kind of. The Spivey's came over on Saturday night and Tara and I were too busy talking and bathing/feeding/changing/playing with kids to actually pay attention to the game...but let me tell ya, it was fun and filled with laughter. Colton and Hannah are already getting snapshots for their future wedding slide show...they will kill us later, but for now the moms are loving it.
Sunday I took the kids to church (Hayden didn't cry when I dropped her off to her class!!) and then went to brunch with my parents and grandma. I had met with Sheena and Sonja to map out our goals for the next month and am just so excited to watch them grow. I have been learning so much from them. In the evening Nic and I were able to see Starla and Brooke for dinner, which was fun considering we don't get to see Brooke that often.
It is now Monday. This week is going to be crazy busy, but I am looking SOOO forward to it!! It is Spring Break for a lot of my friends, so I am going to be able to spend some time with them. I also am going to be watching 2 girls this week which I am so excited about. Their father works with Nic and their mom has become a great friend over the last couple of years. The girls are 5 and 7 and are SO much fun. For one, they have manners, which makes it easy and just have fun. For two (is that even a saying?), they like my children and are great with them...even when Hayden can get on their nerves...they are gentle with them. For three, they don't take much to entertain...they are content. We have been coloring, stamping, playing outside, playing in the playroom, making the couches into a jungle gym, eating, and watching TV. Hopefully it will be nice the rest of the week so we can go to the park and get out of the house.
Nic will be working a lot again this week with over time and working at the bank, so hopefully I won't have any of my weekly melt downs:)
Ok, I better go check on all the kiddos.

No comments: