Sunday, April 10, 2011

THERE YOU ARE SUN!!

What a B-E-A-U-TIFUL day it is here! What a blessing to wake up to the sun shining and the weather already warming my skin when I walk out to the car. I was actually sweating when I was out with the kids! It was a great feeling! We have spent most of the day outside and Hayden is pretty much in heaven. She is in her element when she is running around free with the wind blowing through her hair. Colton loved it too! He chased his ball around. Today was also a special day because it was Whitney's baby shower. I can't believe in less than a month little Brigham will be here! As I was watching her open her presents with anticipation, I couldn't help but thank God for a friend like her. Nic and I have been blessed with her and Jason's friendship.
I got to see both of my sisters this weekend...not together...but still! I took the kids over to my parents yesterday and spent the day with my mom and Kristen and Nic joined us after work. Kristen should have been studying, but let's face it...nothing really gets done when me and my crazy kids are around! Sarah was at the shower, so I got to talk with her a little bit and spend time with her! I can't believe she will be 19 years in a couple of weeks...my baby sister is growing up:(
Ok, now let me vent for a minute.
Can I just tell you how upset it makes me when people complain about cops? Yes, I know sometimes they can be jerks, I am not blind to that fact. But I think the reason why I get so dang upset is because people don't understand AT ALL what comes with the job, I don't even understand fully. But do people realize these "bad, rude, cops" have families that worry like crazy over them when they have to step foot outside of our safe home so they can protect others and put their life on the line every day? Do people realize what they deal with on a day to day basis? No, I don't think they do. Do people realize how hard it is for the people who love these men/ladies to hear about others totally bashing them?
Again, I realize that sometimes cops aren't exactly the nicest people, but if you don't want to deal with them or their attitudes, then don't speed or do something you know is against the law. I am not saying that I don't speed sometimes but if I get pulled over, I know I deserve it. If you don't want to buckle your seat belt, then don't complain when you get a ticket.
Like I said, I will be the first person to say they aren't the nicest at times, trust me, I have been in the car many of times while pulling people over. But if you are honest with yourself, sometimes it is the people getting pulled over that starts with attitude. Anyways, I am not trying to be rude or anything, just remember that when you want to run your mouth about a cop, not to do it around me. I am a little protective if you couldn't tell:) I am a police officer's wife...that's how I am.
Ok, I just had to get that off my chest because this is something I have been struggling with since the moment Nic first became a police officer.

No comments: