Friday, April 8, 2011

Ummm...April already?

Can you believe that we are already 8 days into April? I know it is only 8 days, but for some reason I am having a hard time remembering those 8 days...is that normal? We are now on Friday, the last day of the week and for the life of me I seriously am having a hard time remembering Mon-Fri morning! I guess that is why I like to blog...because I forget everything not even a week later and I need something to remind me of this crazy life! Ha! From what I do remember, the weather hasn't been all that nice, which was a bummer because I really had plans to take all 4 kids to the park for a picnic, take walks, play outside, and just enjoy the weather. Even though the kids still went out to play, it was overcast and kinda chilly. But they were having fun, so I guess all is well! It has been a little strange this week...in a good way though. Having 4 kids has been an adjustment-making sure everyone is fed...and fed some more, keeping track on who went out and who stayed inside, going from room to room trying to make it look decent over and over, finally giving up on that and having to put my "clean freak" mode away for a few days, and all the other duties of taking care of a 1 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, a 5 year old, and a 7 year old. All of this and trying to run my business was quite the challenge...but also a blessing. I was able to stand and work on my own time and when the house wasn't in total chaos! BUT...it has also been a lot of fun to have the age groups of the grades I used to teach around again. The girls are SO much fun and I just love having them around. They are the sweetest girls and make my heart smile. They are so helpful with the kids and the dog and have the manners that I hope my kids have as they grow. They are patient with my kids...which sometimes isn't easy. I will miss hearing them running through the house laughing!
Here are some of the highlights from the week (these I do remember!)
Tuesday- We needed out of the house, so we met my life long friend, Sarah Scheuer and her little boy, Ronan (who I used to babysit), at McDonalds so the kids could run wild and us adults could talk...well...play and talk!
Wednesday- We stayed home, hoping to go to the park, but the weather wouldn't allow us to. We watch Romona and Beezus instead! We colored, painted, and played. Nic and I watched Switch when the kids went to bed...it felt like a date...even though we were in our own house! I cherished the time though:) We also saw 4 dear in our backyard when we were going to bed! and YES...this is a highlight!
Thursday- Tara brought the little boy she babysits over with Hannah and her sister Maddy. The girls LOVED having another younger person around! We were able to go outside for a little bit, which the kids loved. My parents were AWESOME and watched the kids for us last night while we ventured to Huntington to watch Adam, Sarah's special "friend", play baseball.
Friday- Started off the day with a dance party in the kitchen during breakfast to some children's Bible songs...it brought back some wonderful memories of church from when I was younger. Sarah and Ronan are coming over again today so I am excited about that! I get to share some products with her and I am stoked!! They just bought their own house and I get to share about the cleaners. I also get to go to a little party tonight to hear Sonja (who joined the team a couple months ago) share her passion with other ladies tonight!
So that was a shortened version of our week!
On another note, I have rekindled my love for reading lately. Unfortunately, I don't have the time I used to...so I make the time...usually after the kids are asleep and read until the wee hours of the morning (yes, I know it's my fault for being tired). I have always loved Christian romance novels and am a complete sap. It is so easy for me to jump into a book, like I know the characters personally. It's like I enter a whole new world. This will sound sooo stupid, but I seriously get so emotional when I read my books...when the character is upset, I am upset, when they are happy, I laugh to myself. I know, I am a complete nerd! Anyways, there is a series that I read before Hayden was born and I just reread them because I fell in love with the characters. They are Christian fiction, but are suspenseful. It is called The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. I have also been reading other books from other authors that my mom suggested. I was laughing to myself last night because I just finished another book and I have found a common thread through the last 4 books that I have read. The girl characters are always poor, come from a bad background, and are the ones being pursued. The guy characters are always wealthy and totally in love with these girls...too perfect if you ask me. But yet I still read and read until its done.
So...the other day Nic had some training and came home to inform me that he has a book that I need to read. I got real excited because I thought, "finally, he understands my love for books." He held up the book and it said, "I Love a Cop." Hmm...I don't think this falls in the same category as my mushy Christian fiction romance books. But, I smiled and said, "thanks. I will get right on that." So, it looks like my next book is going to inform me how to love my husband. I know it is important to him that I read this book, so I will. Goodbye mushy gushy fake love stories for now...I am on my way to learn how to love my cop:)

No comments: