Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthdays and Easter


Today I am missing my grandpa. It is the first holiday without his smiling face in our presence. I had my first dream about him since he has gone to heaven a couple of nights ago. When I saw him in my dream, he was beautiful. He was healthy and he was smiling. He was glowing. He didn't talk in my dream...he didn't do anything except stand there, smiling. I remember the first thing I did when I woke up was thank God for that picture of him. I think it is finally hitting me that he is no longer with us. I realized this on Colton's birthday. My grandpa adored my son...he loved him so incredible much and just thought he was the best thing. It was hard to swallow the fact he wouldn't be there to celebrate Colton's birthday with us. He wouldn't be there across the table for our Easter dinner. I was thankful though to have my grandma with us. She is a strong woman. I know Grandpa is with Jesus...but I still miss him and selfishly wish he was still with us.

This weekend was a wonderful weekend of celebrations...We celebrated Colton's birthday on Saturday with family. During the party I kept finding myself thanking God for the family and friends he has blessed our little family of 4 with. It meant the world to us that they would spend their Saturday celebrating the birth of our son. Colt did a wonderful job, despite the teething and the no nap. Hayden did great as well...of course she had a hard time when it came to the presents...she takes after her mom:) Silly girl. Colt got completely spoiled, which is no surprise with these people! Thanks mom and dad for letting us invade your home for the party!!!


Today is Easter, the day our King rose from the dead. We celebrated by visiting the Granger Community Church that is located in Elkhart. And by we I mean...Nic, me, and the kids. That's right...Nic had the day off!!!! It was wonderful! We went to my parent's to eat with the family. Hayden enjoyed searching for Easter eggs and LOVED putting them in her little basket. Colt was just happy with a basketball in his hand. This evening we had Starla and Brooke over for dinner and a fire...which I am sitting at right now...it is peaceful out here. It is a time to reflect on the meaning of Easter. I know a lot of people celebrate this holiday with an Easter bunny, eggs, egg hunts, Easter baskets, and so on...but I pray that we will never forget the real meaning of Easter. I thank God for sending His son to die for us, for our sins, and then rise again. I thank God for his promises...I thank God for the promise that one day, He will come and get His children and take us to heaven with Him...I can't wait!



No comments: