Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life...and Beautiful Weather!


What a week it has been! But the funny thing is, when I look back at it, I am not sure I accomplished anything!! I take that back…I did clean the floors…and table...which is a HUGE accomplishment for me! Below is a reason why...

Here was last week in a run down…(now, this is kind of boring, so consider yourself warned and remember this is just for me to remember years from now!)

Monday-Volunteered at a church in Mishawaka for the Twice as Nice Resale, which was fun…but a lot of work. I have to give a lot of credit for the women that run those things! I would have been SO overwhelmed and would have hid in a corner and cried…but they handled everything so perfect and in control. Aunt Steph and Nana watched the little babes for me and I know Hayden always loves it because she gets so much attention! Nic had a neighborhood watch meeting in the evening so we took the kids with us since it was a school. The kids and I played, and played, and played on the swing set. Can I just tell you that my little girl is one of those kids that I couldn’t stand to watch at recess in fear of them getting hurt? She climbs to the highest slides, swings herself across things, and is just crazy! She had fun though so that is all that matters…and she didn’t get hurt! Bubby had fun as well on the swings and going down slides and chasing his ball around. It was just sooooo beautiful I didn’t want the day to end. I noticed this day that it is staying lighter longer and I LOVE IT!

Notice what Iris is doing with Hayden's cup...

Now notice where the cup is...awesome...

Tuesday-We took the kids to Jason’s baseball game at Westview, which meant they were in heaven…they were able to run around and enjoy the outdoors. And once again, it was a beautiful day so it was VERY enjoyable! We then went back to the Rahn’s house and attempted to eat 4 extra large pizzas, yes you read that right! HAHA!! Whit was so hungry and Mancinos had a deal where you buy one pizza and get one free…so she felt like that would be sufficient for us!! We stayed up WAY too late, but had a lot of laughs. We were even like old couples and played cards. I love how on I Love Lucy they always played cards so I felt like we were in the olden days and had card night…hehe.

Wednesday- Nic actually had a WHOLE day off (well, except for working a couple hours at the bank) so we met mom for lunch, walked around Walmart and Best Buy. We ended up buying one of those things that goes on the back of your bike for the kids to ride in for Colton’s birthday. That evening we got our bikes out, wheels pumped, and the little trailer thing attached and headed out for a family bike right. Hayden LOVED it, Bubby liked it, and I smiled…a lot. We rode to Flavor Freeze for dinner. I loved this day and was so thankful for this day because we got to be together as a family.

Hayden trying a lemon...and lovin it.


Colton stuffing his precious face.

Thursday- I subbed for the first time since I stopped teaching…it was a little bittersweet…especially since it was in the grade I used to teach. I kind of laughed to myself when I opened the sub letter because I still remember all the lessons. It felt good to be back in the classroom and be surrounded by second graders. I really enjoy that age. I enjoyed standing in front of them teaching them how to present their essays, read thermometers, and cause and effect. It felt natural. But…I was very anxious to get home to my babies when I was finished at the end of the day. My parents watched the kids and I was very grateful for that. We ended the day by going to Sonics with mom and dad.

Friday- I took the dog to Wakarusa to the people where she was bred. They wanted her for the weekend to show her at a festival. If you ask me, I don’t know why because she is pretty dumb…but they still wanted her and I didn’t complain. Then I drove the kids to mom and dad’s where they stayed while Nic and I went to Kalamazoo for the night. I was very excited about our time away, not because we wouldn’t have the kids, but because as a couple, you need time to reconnect as husband and wife and to actually have adult conversations that are not interrupted or consist of kid talk….on that note…the first thing we did when we got to the hotel was…TOOK A NAP!! We didn’t wake up until dinner time. We ate at Olive Garden and then just relaxed the rest of the night. It was wonderful.

Saturday- Got up, ate breakfast, headed home for the babes. We spend all afternoon at my parents and spent some time with Sarah. Mom and dad-thanks SOOO much for watching the kids. I know they can be handful so we truly appreciate it. Oh…and my wonderful mother got my daughter the movie Tangled….we watched it 3…not once or twice, but 3 times….we fell asleep to it…and woke up to it.

Sunday- Nic had today off as well which meant we went grocery shopping! Ha! Is it bad that I get excited about something so little as going to the grocery store together? We also had a family nap, which was AWESOME! Colton and I went to Tara’s house for her diaper party (and to socialize) when we woke up. And guess what?! He stood several times!!! I was a proud momma! We watched that movie 3 more times today…thanks mamaw.

Below is a picture of Hayden at the creek right by our house. I used to sit at this spot before Hayden was born to think and pray a lot.

Well this next week is a very special week...Colton turns 1 YEARS OLD...Sarah turns 19...so there will be lots of celebrating....and lots of tears because my baby boy is growing up so fast and he will be graduating soon and leaving me.

No comments: