Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sarah

So, a little less than a month ago we celebrated one of my best friend's birthday...my sister, Kristen. Well, today is another special birthday...my other best friend and sister. Meet Sarah...




Sarah-just so you know, I tried putting a picture of you and Adam on here...but stupid facebook wouldn't let me:(
You have heard about her many times...I do like to brag about my sisters quite often. Sarah was born 7 years later than me...some may call it an "oops," my dad calls it tricking my mom. Anyways, I always thought of myself as Sarah's little mother. I loved to take care of her, hold her, make her laugh, and just love her. Believe it or not I potty trained her...now don't ask why at 9/10 years old I can potty train someone when, now at 26, I can't potty train my own daughter. Funny thing. Growing up, I was very protective of my baby sister. She was (and still is) very innocent (too innocent for her own good), very quiet and shy, and too kind. I felt like it was my job to stick up for her...well Jenn Goethel helped in that area, and did everything in my might not to let people hurt her. I told you I felt like a little mom to her. Sometimes my big mouth got me in lots of trouble protecting my sisters...even as an adult. I have always been proud of my sister, for her accomplishments and for the way she lives her life. She, like Kristen, believes the the best in everyone. She lives her life striving after God. She is a prayer warrior. Sometimes I like to pretend that I am the one that taught my sisters everything they know and the way they live their lives...but somehow I think I just taught them what NOT to do...and that is why BOTH of them got the Fruit of the Spirit award and I got NOTHING! Well, at least I can say that my brother didn't either:) Love you Adam!
If you know Sarah, you know that she is kind, full of compassion, is always happy and smiling (which makes me sick), beautiful both inside and out, funny, and much more. She loves people and she loves God. She lives her life wanting to know God more. She is mature for her age. She is special and one of a kind, therefore I am protective...so Adam...you best be on your best behavior...:) Hehe! Just kidding (not really). She lights up a room wherever she goes just by the smile on her face. She is always thinks about everyone else's best interest, she is loyal and trustworthy...you can't get a single secret out of her when she is sworn to secrecy...trust me...I have tried everything!
Well, all this to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET SISTER!!! I hope your day is filled with laughter and blessings. Love you more than you know!! I am VERY proud of you!!

1 comment:

Jaclyn Miller said...

tor, this is too sweet. and just so you know...you are all those things that you described sarah to be (even without the fruit of the spirit award lol)! love ya!