Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Days 3 and 4

Here we are on our fourth day. The last two days have been absolutely perfect. The sun shining, the breeze blowing. There were so many times I just stopped and thanked God for allowing us to enjoy his beauty and our family.
Yesterday we stayed at the pool all day. The kids were absolutely perfect and thanks to the toys that were lent to us, the kids kept VERY busy and were completely content at the kiddie pool. Our little hut that we have been reserving is right by the kiddie pool which makes it very nice! Hayden has been the restaurant's little scare crow running off the birds again...they really should hire her! She is just in heaven here. And Colt is in heaven just watching her...shortly he will be right by her side and I will be in trouble! Once again the kids took amazing naps and my father was so generous as to stay in the room while they were sleeping while I was able to relax fully and read some more. Nic got A LOT of sun...and I mean A LOT! It kinda makes me mad that he gets SOOO much sun when I am out in it longer than he is!!! Oh well...he sure is HOT!!! He is always hot...but with this tan...OH MY!
For dinner, we headed to a little spot where there are a lot of shopping places and ate at Hard Rock Cafe. It was pretty neat because we ate under this huge tent with live music. Hayden and Colt just played around the table since it was open and not really busy. We then just walked up and down the shopping areas and enjoyed looking at everything. I was so proud of the kids...they really are enjoying themselves and are just so happy...I guess that's why they call this "One Happy Island"...hehehe!!
Today was very much like yesterday...except Nic stayed in the shade all day to rest his skin. We did, however, take the kids down to the beach for a little bit and they LOVED it. Hayden chased the tide, Colton tried to do the same but decided to eat the sand instead. They both love the sand and just loved running/crawling all over the beach. Nic stayed in with the kids during nap time...he even enjoyed a nap of his own.
For dinner, we went to one of my favorite spots from last time...La Trattoria. It is the gorgeous outside restaurant that is up on a hill that overlooks the island. There is a lighthouse right next to the restaurant and it is breathtaking. The little italian restaurant is surrounded by greenery and just absolutely the most beautiful place...I keep telling both my sisters that I could see their future weddings at this place (hint hint sissies). Hayden was fascinated by the millions of steps that lead down from the restaurant. We were able to watch the sunset and to see the huge orange circle fade into the ocean (that's what it looks like) and the blue, orange, red, green colors of the sky just was another reminder of God's beauty.
Now we are back at the condo watching American Idol!! Soooo...that means I have to focus and get off of here!!!
Oh, and I am SOOO bummed I can't download pics because I want so badly to share those memories!!!!

No comments: