Friday, March 25, 2011

Aruba-Days 5 & 6

I woke up today dreading the fact that it is our last WHOLE day here on this BEAUTIFUL island. This vacation has been perfect in many ways and I am not ready to leave it. I am not ready to go back to real life or ready to have Nic return to work. I can't even explain the feeling of having him with us ALL day long...it is AWESOME!!! I love watching him with his babies and I love just being able to relax and talk with him...during daylight hours:)
Anyways...yesterday we woke up to an overcast morning so we decided we would spend the day just shopping and looking around the island and then come back and just have dinner somewhere on the beach. Sounds like a good idea, right?? It was...too bad the car wouldn't start!! ha. But we made the most of it and had the kids take a little nap since naptime would be during our shopping time. After the car got fixed and the kids were rested, and my book was almost finished, we headed off to town. We just took our time walking from shop to shop, from hut to hut. We even took a break at Iguana Joe's for some drinks and chips and salsa. We then headed back after the shopping trip and decided to walk to a restaurant at the hotel next to ours where we were able to listen to live music and watch Hayden and Colton in heaven at the little playground. It was great!
Today is just downright gorgeous again! We headed down to "our" hut and then Nic and I took the kids to the beach to let them play with the sand toys and run in and out of the waves (well Colton crawled). They have been doing such a GREAT job and making this a memorable experience. We spent every last second soaking up the Aruba sun until it was time to get ready for dinner. We headed out to the little stores that lined the streets and ate at Smokey Joe's...probably the most AMAZING chicken EVER! We continued down the strip of shops to just soak in the atmosphere and then headed to the beach for some pictures.
Now we are all packed dreading tomorrow's flight. AHHH!! I heard it is cold back home so I offered my parents to just leave me here:)
I hope to maybe get a little more sunshine tomorrow morning since we don't leave until the afternoon!! Please pray for our safety as we travel tomorrow and Sunday morning. We fly into Texas tomorrow night and then into Chicago early Sunday morning. Also please pray for the babies as they travel...that they will be able to relax and not SCREAM!!! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Lindsay Hunniford said...

umm...where in TX, since you're obviously staying the night?

Just the Five of Us said...

Sorry LInds....just saw this. We stayed...um...actually I have no idea!! We got in at night and then had to get up super early. I thought about you guys though!!