Saturday, March 19, 2011

Aruba, here we come!

Yesterday we began our week long vacation. Nic and I started off by taking the kids to Chicago after he got off work to see Brooke. We started off the vacation with an emergency oil change somewhere on our way to Chicago…but…the kids did an amazing job and I was one happy mama.

We were able to see Brooke’s school, her apartment and ate at Rainforest CafĂ©. The kids LOVED it!!! Especially when it “stormed” and the gorillas were going crazy! Most kids are frightened by that…not Hayden!

We then met up with my parents at the hotel where we would only get 4 hours of sleep thanks to our wonderful 3:05 am Shuttle. Let me tell you…my kids had NO idea what was going on…it wasn’t my idea of a great way to start off the LONG traveling day! But…we made it through with only a couple melt downs and lots of bribing snacks. Hayden slept through the whole first flight to Texas….the 2nd flight…not so much. She wasn’t naughty or anything…just very energetic…she knew she would be in paradise in a few short hours! Bubby was a little different story. He wasn’t a fan of being on a lap for hours on end. Needless to say I thought we were going to get kicked off the plane while flying through the air. But, he was OUT after all the crying! I can’t really complain though…my dad didn’t realize that when he booked the flight we were actually in first class…which meant AWESOME seats, food, and get this…I got to watch I Love Lucy on my own little TV thing that was attached to the seat! It was heaven…besides the crying! We even got our meals handed to us on trays with these tiny little salt and pepper shakers!! Hehe!

We finally arrived in Aruba. I honestly just stood for a split second to soak it all in. The smell of the ocean, the sun shining, the palm trees, the local stores and people. As soon as we got to our condo, we immediately changed into our swim suits and headed for the pool. I think I got more joy out of watching my children LOVING the water more than anything. We ate at the little restaurant at the pool and just let Hayden swim. Colt was a great fan of the water as well…even had to save him a couple of times when he likes to be fearless.

Now Nic and I are just sitting on the porch, with one child crawling all around and the other on a walk with Papi, relaxing…something we haven’t been able to do in a LONG time! I am looking forward to the exciting things that the week has to hold…but most of all I am looking forward to just being with my family…no work, no worries…just family!

I do have pictures already…but I have to figure out how to load them since I didn’t bring my cord…oops!!

No comments: