Friday, November 26, 2010

So much to be thankful for

So I have been trying to “wait” before I posted because I have been trying to soak up every minute of this Thanksgiving week with my family. I mean down to the second. I wanted to be able to remember every little moment of this week. It has been a very special week to me. Those of you who know me know that I am a VERY family oriented person. My brother and sisters are my best friends. Now that I have both of my sisters of at school and my brother and his family all in Arizona, you can see why I cherish moments like these. Although we haven’t done a whole lot besides sit around the house and just BE together, I have been in heaven. Some people don’t understand my excitedness (yes, I made up that word), but Adam and Jamie live in Arizona so we see them only a couple times a year, and Kris and Sarah are gone to school, so that just leaves me. Lucky mom and dad that they still have me!

Adam, Jamie, and Rori came in on Sunday afternoon, so as soon as our Open House was done we bolted towards my parents. We spent the evening trying to catch up on as much as we could while we stuffed ourselves with Olive Garden that my parents ordered and brought home.

Sarah came home on Monday and Kristen came home on Tuesday. Wednesday we were ALL together and my heart was happy. We just hung out and tried, yes, TRIED to watch Toy Story 3 and The Family Stone…but with 2 babies and a toddler, not much watching was happening. Wednesday night we had a smart idea that the kids and I would spend the night at my parents…probably the worst idea ever. I ended up with both kids in the same bed with me and was climbed all over all night long. No sleep for Tori. Thursday we got up and I took the kids and met Nic over at Nana’s house for the morning. Nic had to work until 2 so I went back to my parents for our huge meal and he met me there when he was done working. I tried taking everything in around me, the smells, the conversations, the company. We had over 20 people for dinner and I just wanted to sit and talk to everyone. Both sets of grandparents were there, my uncle, aunt, cousin and her family, my whole family, the Hams, and the Mastersons, which was AWESOME to see. It has been a couple of years since we have celebrated Thanksgiving with them, so it was great to have them there. Throughout the day, there were many visitors, which made the day exciting and I didn’t want it to end. The Clems came over in the evening since we won’t be able to celebrate Christmas Eve this year…thanks to someone having TWINS! The Spiveys also graced us with their presence! All-in all…FABULOUS day!

Throughout my meal, I started thinking about what I was thankful for. My brain kept rolling and rolling as I started making a list in my head of everything I had to be thankful for. Here are a few things that I am Thankful for this year:

I am thankful for:

*2 beautiful, healthy, growing children.

*a husband that works so hard to provide for his family.

*my siblings and sibling-in-law who love me as me despite my imperfections (which are many).

*the chance for my family to be whole for a week.

*a mom and dad who love each other

*my friends who I couldn’t live without.

*the blessing of being a mother and a wife

*my Savior Jesus Christs.

*a roof over my head.

*my beautiful niece.

*God’s protection over our family.

*forgiveness.

*a healthy family.

*the chance to stay home to raise my children.

*the love my family has and gives.

Of course there are MANY more things I am thankful for, but like I said before, I really want to spend as much time with my family as possible so I am gonna jet!

No comments: