Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Here we are on December 1st, beautiful snow falling and covering up the gross browness left from fall, christmas tree lights on, our little electric fireplace glowing in the corner, scents of pine tree lingering throughout our house (from our candle, not our fake tree), christmas decorations scattered through the house, christmas cookies and candy everywhere, christmas movies on 24/7 thanks to the Hallmark channel, little kids snuggled in their PJ's till at least noon because there is NO way I am leaving this house while I am so warm, hearing, "ohhh mom" while pointing to the snow and seeing it for the first time...yes...yes...this IS the MOST wonderful time of the year. It is a time for celebrations and traditions, with the biggest celebration being the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am excited to be able to start new traditions with my family of 4, while keeping some of our old traditions as a couple. I think the thing I am excited for the most this Christmas season is I get the chance to share the story of the birth of Jesus to my baby girl. Yes, we talk about Jesus all the time and sing our songs, but what better time of year than now to really share with her about Jesus and his birth?! Yes, I know she is only 2 and might not understand at all what we are sharing with her...but I want my children to grow up always hearing about Jesus.
On a totally different note, my siblings have all left me...again. It is always a bittersweet time when my entire family gets together because I wait and wait for the day that everyone comes home and then the time flies while they are here and then they have to leave before I can even blink an eye. But...that's life. Monday night Nic and I were able to decorate the house while Christmas music blared in the background. Hayden was quite the helper. I remember last year we couldn't put ornaments on the lower half of our tree because of our little toddler who kept taking them off. This year she helped put them on the tree and hasn't even attempted taking one off...it is amazing the difference in a year. I can tell that this year is going to be SOOO much fun with Hayden because she gets so excited and she is starting to understand different things.
Last night was Nic's first game. He is the JV coach for Elkhart Christian and is loving it. They played Clinton Christian and beat them by a whopping 40 points (or around there!). I love watching Nic coach because he has such an amazing passion for the game. I know I will never fully understand, but I will always support Nic in what he loves (somehow I didn't get the athlete gene so I don't understand most sports). On the business note...we are absolutely loving working together and helping others learn how they can keep their house safe and how they can stay healthy. I never imagined Nic and I having the same passion for something like this and I am so thankful for this business. Yes, it takes a lot of work, but the rewards are amazing! The business is growing before our eyes and we can't help but thank God for placing this opportunity in our lives.
That's all for now...I am going to get back to the Christmas movies...which I can honestly say the girls are enjoying as well!

No comments: