Friday, November 19, 2010

Bye Bye Pacifier?

So lately I have been processing my thoughts on how and when to take the "paci" away. I have been asking around and kind of delaying it for the fact that I am just plain scared of the results. I tried cold turkey the other day at nap time and I have never heard a child scream that hard and loud...not such a great day to be making changes. Several people have now told me to clip the end of her paci off a little bit at a time and then she will no longer want it thus ending the pacifier era. Well, I took this advice this morning and clipped just a tiny bit. After she was done with breakfast, she went to her paci, put it in her mouth. It took everything in me not to laugh as I watched her face turn to confused and then just plain disgust. After a few seconds she took it out, looked at it, turned to me and said, "it broke, mommy. It broke." She then threw it across the room, walked over to Bubby, pulled out his paci, and placed it into her mouth. Oh dear. She is smarter than I gave her credit for. This might be a long process. She cracks me up.

No comments: