Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Teething Monster

Well, as you can tell, it has been awhile since my last report…well for me it’s been awhile. The only reason why I have the time right now to blog is because my loving husband is tackling the 2 kiddos (and that is NOT an easy job!) while watching Toy Story 3. You know, it’s funny…you would think I would have the all the time in the world to sit down and right about what’s been going in the Minder household because I am at home with my kids all day long. HA…that is SO not the case. No, I do not go to work all day…but I DO work all day. If you are a mom, you know what I mean. Colt has me working overtime these past few weeks as his 2 bottom teeth have finally decided to merge from beneath the surface. I find it comical in a way how completely OPPOSITE my children are in every way possible. Hayden slept, Colton doesn’t. Hayden didn’t mind her teeth coming in, Colton does…a lot. Hayden didn’t like to snuggle at all, Colton wants to snuggle all the time. Both children are so unique and I love that about them. Anyways, it has been quite difficult emotionally and physically with these changes but somehow God continues to give me the strength to get through each day. I think Tuesday was my lowest point yet where I just wanted to crawl up in a ball and just cry just to cry. But, like I have said before, this is just a time. It won’t be like this for long.

Another struggle we have been having since Colt was born was him taking a bottle. He has taken a few since he has been born but recently just won’t take one. We have tried every bottle we can find, every different shape and size of bottle nipples. Nothing. He just would NOT take a bottle. Last night mom and I went to Babies R Us. I thought maybe we were just wasting our time but we came across and Playtex bottle that had a tan nipple. It was a different shape than the rest. We thought we would give it a try. I got back to my parents and stuck it into his mouth. To my surprise he started sucking. I was almost in shock! Praise the Lord. I tried a couple times today after pumping and he ate a little…but still not a lot. But hey, I will take that. He will get used to it.

So, to recap the last week…sleep has been little, crying has been a lot, prayers have been lifted overtime, patience has been lost, tears have been plenty. This is only a time. God will get us through this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

next week we'll get the little guy eating like a pro!! :) & hopefully the Teething monster will stay mostly at bay for all the kiddos!