Saturday, July 9, 2011

Whata Week!

This week was hard, not going to lie. My parents and Sarah left for AZ, and I was just having a hard time. You see, I have this brother and sister in law and beautiful niece. BUT they live in AZ, which means I don't get to see them all that often. Last August my entire family went out to see them for a whole week and to me, that was one of my favorite vacations. We were all together. Since then I have seen them a couple times. So this week was hard because I wanted to be with them, to be with my niece. If you know me, or if you read my blog, you know how much my family means to me. I wish so badly we would all be near each other and I could watch my niece grow up. Anyways, I just want to show you how beautiful my niece is...




My husband, my partner in crime (or law...hahaha..get it? cause he's a cop?), went to work out at a camp for work (Indiana Sheriff Association Teen Camp) for a couple of days, which meant it was just me and the kids. Thank the Lord Brooke was here with us, not because I can't handle my 2 babies alone, but because God knew that I was going to need just a little bit of extra help. Oh, and what a help she was. There was an unexpected trip to the doctor for Hayden at 6 in the evening, 2 trips to the store with many trips to the bathroom due to Hayden's "problem", meltdowns by both kids and their mother, lots and lots of tears (again by both kids and their mother), missed naps. Oh, and I am pretty sure she thinks I am a complete nut case...needless to say it is safe to say she won't be having kids any time soon:) But, it was fun to stay up late talking and watching movies (even though I deeply regretted it the next morning when I had 5 children to look after). We had plenty of laughs as well. Thursday, I received a text from Nic telling me they were sending him home from the camp so they would have enough guys to work the road for yesterday. YIPPEE!
WHICH MEANT...he willingly went with me to the Envirofest to help me man my table....isn't that an amazing husband?? It was a b-e-a-utiful evening. We got to share with others about the products that we love. When people weren't at our table or we weren't talking with those walking by, we were just able to sit back, relax, and enjoy each other's company. He entertained me with his oh-so-different stories from work and I entertained him with, well, my stories from the kids?
As I sit here right now on another beautiful morning out on our porch, I am reminded of God's faithfulness and His love. My parents and Sarah made it safe back home, Kris is home, Nic is working, the kids are playing on the driveway with their toy cars and I am thankful.
Changing the subject, for awhile now I have been working on memorizing different verses of the Bible. I am not the best at memorizing, but I do try and I do work on it. While I was pregnant with Colton, I was involved in a mentoring program at our church. I was assigned a mentor who I met with on a weekly basis. At first, I wasn't so sure about it because I didn't even know my mentor. But as the weeks went on I found myself growing closer to her and wanting to hear her wisdom. During the time that we met, we did a devotional. The whole devotional was worked around certain verses in the Bible. While doing the devotional and really mediating on those couple of verses, I felt the closest to God that I had been for awhile. As soon as I had Colton and the months went by, I found myself growing apart from those verses that meant so much to me. I quickly learned that the moment I stop reading Scripture is the moment I start to lose focus. These past couple months I have had to learn some hard lessons, in parenting, in my marriage, and in other areas of my life. But this week, like I mentioned before, I have been greatly reminded of God's faithfulness. I am working through the devotional again and am looking forward to how God will speak to me through His Word.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
Philippians 4:8-9
Hope you all have a wonderful day today!!

No comments: