Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lovin' the Summer

This past weekend is a weekend that I was greatly thankful for. Sometimes through hard times you wonder what God's plan really is. But God has blessed me with my friends and my family to get through those times.
Friday night started the weekend with lots of laughter and of course, great company. Tara, Steve, and Hannah came our way for a cookout. We also had Kammy, Rory, their daughters Jayda and Brynlee over as well. It was a great night of food, slip n' slide, campfire, and just some good laughs. All the kids played AWESOME together and Hayden has a new little friend that she didn't even fight with once:) I call that a success!








Saturday started off a rocky morning but turned into a relaxing, healing day. Nic was playing in a softball tourney all day while I headed off to the lake with the babies. My parents and sister were up there and we spent the afternoon soaking in the rays and just having some good heart to heart conversations. After the lake we went to my parents' house where we met up with Kim and Randy Clem and their sweet granddaughter Ryleigh, who I have had the chance to babysit a couple of times earlier in the week. We went to Uptown Kitchen for some dinner and then Urban Swirl (my new favorite ice cream place), where we let the kids run around. Hayden and Ry were played wonderfully together and laughed a lot (at what, we have no idea).


Sunday was just plain hot. So...us ladies (mom, sisters, and me) decided to use floats in the hot tub (which was of course turned down to feel like a pool) where we stayed for a good 2 hours while the kids napped. But like I said before, it was one stinkin HOT day, so we didn't last over those 2 hours. After Nic got off work, we headed to his dad's house for a cookout with his Uncle John, Aunt Jennifer, and cousins Josh and Cammy who JUST came into town from Texas. They also came to Nic's softball games later that evening. It was great talking with them and just being with them. After all, we don't get to see them all that much at all. Hayden followed Cammy wherever she went and Colt just stared at Josh. I am not sure what that was all about. Josh is a young teen so I don't know since he hasn't been around younger guys at all if it was new for him? hehe! He is surrounded by girls all the time:)

OHHH....AND Colton was walking almost the WHOLE time at the ball park. I think he is finally becoming an actual walker! I know, I know, it only took him 15 months! I think Hannah has been an inspiration to him:)

Today was a a special day. It was the first time I went blueberry picking. I have been hearing about how lots of different people have gone and how good the blueberries are so I decided I wanted to take the kids. I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing, but I didn't care! Sarah had spent the night last night after our weekly show, The Bachelorette, and Nic had SWAT training. So...that meant Sarah and I got to take the kids. Ryleigh got to come with us which was a lot of fun for Hayden. I knew that it was going to be scorching hot and miserable, so we went right away in the morning. Let me tell ya...it was scorching hot even that early. I was so impressed with how all three kids did considering each of us were dripping with sweat and you could barely breathe with the heavy air. BUT we still had a great time and I can't wait to do it again! Ry spent her time picking and eating, Hayden spent her time by picking all the green ones (the ones you aren't supposed to pick), Sarah and I spent our time picking and placing in the bucket (and sorting out all the green ones from Hayden), and Colt spent his time taking them from the bucket and throwing them. Somehow, we still ended up with A LOT! Oh the memories:) (the pics below are weird because my camera kept fogging up)













No comments: