Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ohio Bound

What a beautiful day we have here in Elkhart, Indiana. The sun is shining, the wind is a wonderful breeze, the birds are chirping, and well, it is just perfect. The only thing that would make it more perfect is to be out on the water somewhere:)
This past weekend went by in the flash of an eye. Friday, the four kids and I spent most of the day outside. We walked to the park...but left after 5 minutes of being mobbed by nats, colored with chalk on the driveway, played on the swing set, did some water paint drawings, destroyed the house, and well, just did the normal day to day activities. My sisters were kind of enough to bring lunch and visit for awhile as well as a visit from Whit and Brig. Friday evening we headed over to my parents' to play some more outside and watch the fish in the pond...and rescue Colt from his many attempts to get into the pond...little stinker. Sarah, Dad, Nic, the kids, and I went to Hacienda for dinner...and let me tell you-Colton isn't as easy to take to a restaurant as he used to be!! Goodness!
The kids and I stayed at my parents for the night since us girls had to leave at the butt crack of dawn for Ohio and dad was watching the kids while Nic worked. After a restless night with Hayden (I swear having a potty trained child is like a newborn at night...up every couple hours to go potty), Kris, Sarah, and I headed out by 6:15 for a wedding shower.
We made great timing:) We spent the afternoon celebrating with Matt and Kate for their future marriage and just enjoyed being reunited with our "family". We then made the long haul home and then I felt like I died on my couch at 9 pm. It was an early bedtime for everyone:)
We are headed out to the ball fields tonight for some softball so it should be a beautiful night for that! Here's to a GREAT week!!!

No comments: