Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Melted Heart:)

Today, at around 3:30pm, my heart melted...again. Nic was mowing the lawn, it was beautiful outside, so I took Hayden and Colt out to swing. After swinging, and swinging, and more swinging, Hayden so thoughtfully asked if she could go down the slide instead. So...I got her out of the swing, and watched her run a few circles around the swing set, and then climbed a few steps up to the slide. She paused, leaned sideways to see Colt, and was laughing so he would laugh. All of a sudden, she said with the biggest smile, "Love you, Bubby, love you." I know, I know, that shouldn't be a huge thing, but it was HUGE to me. If you know Hayden, you know that she doesn't talk a lot. She is too busy to talk. So, to me...it was a big moment.
You see, I have been praying for as long as I can remember, that when I had kids of my own, that they would grow up loving and protecting one another. Yes, I know that in years to come there will be fights, nasty words, and annoyance, but I pray that in the end, they will still love each other and be the best of friends. My sisters and my brother are my best friends...I have been blessed with their encouragement, love, loyalty, and friendship. They are my family. They love me despite all my faults. That's what I want for my children.
So today, with those few words, I was one proud momma with one melted heart.

No comments: