Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Festivities



This past week has gone faster than I can even blink my eyes. Here are some highlights of the week:
-My sisters came home last week for their breaks...which you know me...I am ABSOLUTELY thrilled about.
-Nic and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary on Thursday. He surprised me with the most beautiful pink pearl earrings. They are gorgeous and I feel beautiful in them. He also brought me 4 beautiful red roses. What an amazing guy, I tell ya. We did have Nic's shift Christmas party this night...which was ok because I LOVE the company we were with. It as so nice to talk to other wives and police officers. They really are a blast. I do wish we got together more with them.
-Mom and I did our Christmas shopping together on Friday...without kids. We enjoyed ourselves greatly, taking our time going from store to store, not rushing through lunch. I love every second on days like this day. I enjoyed the conversations with my mom and just being with her. Thanks, mom! Dad and my sisters tag teamed watching the kids. Needless to say my dad looked TIRED when we finally got back to the house. I am so thankful for their willingness to watch my babies. I know Hayden just loves him so much. She always has such a blast with him. Thanks, Dad! (and Kristen and Sarah!) We ended the night watching Santa Claus 2 at our house with my parents and sisters. I soaked in every minute.
-Saturday the kids and I met my family and grandparents for breakfast...YUM! Nic has a basketball tourny thing all day, but we did get to meet him and his dad for dinner...again...YUM. I am finding it harder and harder to control 2 children at nice restaurants...hmmm.
-Sunday we celebrated Christmas with Dad's side of the family. Even though our ever growing family is starting to outgrow the little duplex, it was still a blast. I LOVED watching all the little kids run around and play together. They played more with the boxes instead of the actual toys, but hey, they were having fun. And as always, it is so good to chat with the adult cousins! Good food, good chats, good time.




Now, tomorrow my little guy turns 8 months. What?!?! I thought I would go ahead and do his letter today since we will be in Michigan City tomorrow.


Dear Sweet Colton,
You are now 8 months. You are growing so fast and learning so many new things. You are starting to gain weight, which is an answered prayer! This is partly due to you learning how to finally take a bottle! I was about to give up when your grandpa brought home a bottle they use in the hospital and you took it RIGHT AWAY! I couldn't believe it. It is a simple standard nipple, but it is the tan colored one. You even started formula, even though I was trying my hardest not to do any formula at all. You still love to nurse and prefer that to any bottle. You also started eating actual food. You still eat baby food...sometimes...but you love the food we eat. You have eaten macaroni, spaghetti, graham crackers, Kix, and yogurt. You LOVE food! I am not sure if I am supposed to already be introducing these foods to you...but you love them. You are learning to hold food as well, but still have a little trouble getting the food from your hands to your mouth. You try hard though. You are also starting to go from sitting to your hands and knees. You aren't quite sure what to do from there but you are so close! I don't know if I am quite ready for you to be mobile. You still love watching your sister and thinks she is the funniest person around. You also had your first over nighter with grandma and grandpa. You were an absolute angel they said. I was SO proud of you! Although it killed me to leave you, I knew you were in excellent hands. You have started taking baths with your sister, which you also LOVE. you sit and splash the whole time. Water doesn't bother you one bit!
Colt, I love you so much. I fall in love with you more every day and am so blessed that God has given me you as a son. I continue to pray for you every day. I pray that you continue to grow into a healthy little boy. You are so special to me. People continually tell me what a happy baby you are and how wonderful you are...you certainly are.
I love you my son.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: