Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary Nic



You see, there is this guy that I kinda like. It was 10 years ago that I laid eyes on a very handsome boy...back then I used the word hot because, you know, I was young. I didn't know anything about him, except that he was a year older than me and his name was Nic...I didn't even know his last name. I remember getting in the car after school that day and telling my mom that I found the guy I was going to marry. She laughed. For some reason, I don't think she believed me.
We became fast friends after a little flirting on my part...hehe. However, that was all that we were...for a whole stinkin year until he came to his senses and realized he had the same feelings for me. We started dating my sophomore year of high school and continued to date the next 5 years before he asked me to be his wife. We got married that next year....exactly 4 years ago from today.
I am one lucky girl...I got to marry my best friend and I get to spend the rest of my life with him. I am madly in love with him and couldn't imagine my life without him...On the day I married him, I never thought I could love him any more than right then. Little did I know that every single day that I have with him, I fall more and more in love with him. He is my best friend, he is my other half. In the past four years we have had many ups and downs...we had to experience the loss of our first baby, but then the birth of 2 perfect babies. We rejoice with each other but we also cry together. The most amazing thing about these past 4 years is that he still loves me...can you believe that? He still loves me no matter if I am a complete wreck after a day of temper tantrums, tears, screaming (from kids, not me...ha), he loves me in the good times, and in the bad times...He even loves me when he gets home from work and there is no dinner on the table and the house is a complete disaster! He is pretty much amazing. I don't think there is anyone else out there that would ever be able to put up with me like he does. I would write more...but 2 of those results of falling in love are needing my attention...one is running around naked and the other is trying to eat my shirt because he is hungry!
Happy 4-year Anniversary Nicholas! I love you!

No comments: