Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Memories












Can you believe that Christmas is already over? It seems like we were just decorating the house with decorations and watching every Christmas movie we could find. Nic and I just keep thinking about how truly blessed we are...friends, family, and most importantly, the whole 'reason for the season'...Jesus Christ.
We enjoyed Christmas Eve with Hayden and Colt opening our gifts to them while listening to Christmas music and the fire place on. We then headed to my parents and enjoyed the evening watching Christmas movies and just being with each other. Nic and I had planned on going to a Christmas Eve service but we were both not feeling well. We fell asleep to Christmas movies and woke up bright and early to open presents. As we were opening presents, I just kept thinking back to when we were kids and we would try to stay up all night so we could see Santa. We would all sleep in one room and watch movies and play video games. We would then get up before the sun was up and stand by the stairs until we got the OK from my parents to come down. We would unwrap presents as fast as we could and then spend the morning in our rooms with our new toys. Grandma and grandpa would come and bring a cake and we would sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Dad would have The Christmas Carol on the TV and a fire in the fireplace. It made me excited to start traditions with our little family and make memories for Hayden and Colt.
As we celebrated Jesus' birthday yesterday with family, I just sat back several times and just took everything in and didn't want the day to end. The conversations, kids playing with their toys, the puzzles, the fire, the food (Oh, and Nic made the breakfast casserole AND a cherry pie!), family. Yes, we are blessed.
This year was extremely fun for me because I got to watch my baby girl's face light up as she tore open (very carefully) her gifts one by one. It was also special because it was Bubby's first Christmas. Although he wasn't quite as expressive unwrapping his gifts, he still could help take off the paper and loved playing with his new toys. All I know is I have some VERY spoiled kids thanks to their grandparents!

No comments: